F/A - Stecker - How Much?

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:38 am

Probably won't be a whole lot of bidding, Liquid, as he should have been drafted in most leagues. Would probably be a good trade-out for Shipp or Buckhalter for those of you still holding on to those guys. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:25 am

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
QB - Favre, Brees, Warner
RB - James, Henry, E. Smith, Duckett, R. Lee
WR - Horn, Price, Roy Williams, Bryant, Hilliard
TE - E. Johnson
K - Wilkins, G. Anderson
D - New England, Atlanta

3 starting rb's and solid depth everywhere except te as long as Brees and Warner don't get replaced. Not much out there at te but may go for a long shot this week that will pan out by Week 7. I had pick #8 and I'm a first time national player too, Indy. But after watching Greg "Fossilman" Raymer win the World Championship of Poker after qualifying on the internet, anyone can jump up and win this thing!! That is a pretty nice looking roster Tamu. I am on the Roy Williams bandwagon also. I currently have 274 points. Drafting from the 14 spot, here is my team;

QB- Aaron Brooks, C.Palmer
RB- Fred Taylor, Brian Westbrook, Foster, O.Smith
WR- Joe Horn, Koren Robinson, Roy Williams, Boldin, Caldwell
TE- Antonio Gates, Pollard
K- Josh Brown
D- Pittsburgh

Was very happy to nab Caldwell last week, and seeing that Taylor hasn't done ANYTHING, and my top 2 picks have yet to score (Taylor & Westbrook), I am feeling pretty good. Tough one this week, as I go against another 2-0 opponent.

Best of luck to everyone!

Pocket Aces

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:46 am

QB- Aaron Brooks, C.Palmer
K- Josh Brown
D- PittsburghNice team, BillyWaz. Good depth at rb if you can survive the Smith suspension. I have Westbrook, Horn, Williams, and Pittsburgh on my Gekko team and Robinson and Williams on my Draft Champions team. I liked Williams paired with Rogers but really like him now. I'm assuming your other 3 players are depth makers somehow but good luck with your team BillyWaz as it's a fine one.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:35 pm

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
quote:QB- Aaron Brooks, C.Palmer
K- Josh Brown
D- PittsburghNice team, BillyWaz. Good depth at rb if you can survive the Smith suspension. I have Westbrook, Horn, Williams, and Pittsburgh on my Gekko team and Robinson and Williams on my Draft Champions team. I liked Williams paired with Rogers but really like him now. I'm assuming your other 3 players are depth makers somehow but good luck with your team BillyWaz as it's a fine one. [/QUOTE]My other 3 are Kelley Washington, LaBrandon Toefield, and Eli Manning. Only question is who gets cut 1st? :D

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:57 am

Brad
I also agree with your RB/WR breakdown. I agreed with it going into the draft. The thing that was hard to anticipate was guys like Martin,Staley,Suggs and Griffin being gone by the 33rd pick.

TKats
In most cases the bye week theory would be correct. However, I got less than 4 pts from both of my RB's combined last week. OUCH! Even with Wheatley and Dayne in my backfield...NOOOO WAY am I in for 750 on Stecker. He's a temporary fix at best and it has only been 2 weeks.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:03 am

Billy Waz

I noticed your origination says Richmond, Va.
That's where I keep the in-laws, at a safe distance.LOL!
Seriously though, my wife did grow up in Chesterfield Co.
Oh my God...did I just use the "W" word on the MB?
Sorry guys - a momentary lapse - it won't happen again!

Tkats96

Post by Tkats96 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:11 am

I agree Stecker probably won't even be the RB by next week. I thought that 1000 bid in our league was the end of that team. Indy I know you been worried about your RBs, but you are 2-0. I would be worried too, but seems in Chicago 3 I could make the argument everyone has holes. My WRs are weak. Dawg & Hogg may be the exception, but I did have Portis on the Broncos the last two years he got dinged both years and Griffin is small and no guarantee he finishes the season and this team has no depth at RB. Why worry put the best out you can look to improve and enjoy it (hell your doing the Hoosier state just fine).

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:27 am

Thanks for the encouraging words Tkats. I think Money is coming big for Stecker. He's been very quiet this week which is so unlike him. Trying to fly in under the radar I think!
Here's a quick question for you:
Any regrets taking McNabb in the 3rd? I know he's off to a great start, but do you think you gave up too much to get him?
The only reason for the question is because I've asked myself the same thing about Manning in the 2nd.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:50 am

Originally posted by Indy Rules:
Billy Waz

I noticed your origination says Richmond, Va.
That's where I keep the in-laws, at a safe distance.LOL!
Seriously though, my wife did grow up in Chesterfield Co.
Oh my God...did I just use the "W" word on the MB?
Sorry guys - a momentary lapse - it won't happen again! I live in Chesterfield (Midlothian), but my address is Richmond. What part of Chesterfield are the in-laws from?

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:27 am

Originally posted by Indy Rules:
Thanks for the encouraging words Tkats. I think Money is coming big for Stecker. He's been very quiet this week which is so unlike him. Trying to fly in under the radar I think!
You’ve got a good read on me this week Indy, however I am going after a different player. We will all find out in a few hours how it all pans out.