Losing streak for NE?

KW3

Losing streak for NE?

Post by KW3 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:18 am

My prediction is a NE losing streak starts with a loss this week to Seattle.

The Patriots have problems and they're about to be exposed over the next 5-6 weeks. The main reason for their downfall will be the NE rush D. Losing Ted Washington will catch up to them and cost them a few games. They tried to replace him with Traylor but he's a major downgrade at NT. Rookie Vince Wilfolk is now one of the keys to the NE season. He must step in and play often and stop the run.

So far they've only faced one top 10 rushing team(Colts at #10). The Colts ran all over them for 200+ and 4.8 a carry. The Colts should have won that game. They faced BUF and they ran all over NE as well. 5.3/carry for a struggling BUF rush O that averaged only 2.9 vs the rest of the NFL in 04. BUF had an excellent shot at the W in that game but Travis Henry fell apart late in the 4th while BUF was inside the NE red zone.

Overall, the NE rush D numbers are respectable but there's a simple reason for that. It's only been 4 games for NE and 2 of them were against MIA(the worst O and rush O in the NFL) and ARZ.

This week they have SEA. SEA probably has the #1 or #2 OL in football. They should be able to run all over NE. After that they'll play solid rushing teams over the next several weeks. In the next 7 weeks, they face 5 of the top 9 rush teams in the NFL. Over the next 9 teams they play 8 teams that are ranked in the top half of the league. BUF is the other teams and they already proved that they can run on NE.

They are 4-0 right now. Most of the guys on ESPN and the NFL Network think this team has a great shot at running the table. IMO, that's crazy. I don't think they have any shot at 16-0. I say there's a very good chance that NE losses 4-5 out of the next 7 games. At the end of the season, NE will be a lot closer to 9-7 than 16-0.

SEA will beat them this week. I might be crazy but I really think it could be the start of a losing streak for NE.

dgamblnman

Losing streak for NE?

Post by dgamblnman » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:49 am

I looked at this game too, the way SEA lost last week may be NEs undoing. Personally, I am staying away from this game. The line hasn't budged all week andt his should be enjoyable. I see a FG deciding this one. Also, BE has given up too many big passing plays this year, they can be beaten deep and will SEA take advantage of it? This is clearly the game of the week and hope it's on TV here.

Route Collectors

Losing streak for NE?

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:35 am

Originally posted by KW3:
My prediction is a NE losing streak starts with a loss this week to Seattle. Being a Colts fan, I hope your right KW3.
That week 1 loss REALLY hurt in the race for home field. Bad defense and all, I think the Colts can get to the big bash if they can secure home field.

Go Seahawks!

Dyv

Losing streak for NE?

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:06 pm

Patriots 27, Seattle 13
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Gordon Gekko

Losing streak for NE?

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:21 pm

Seahawks 20
Patriots 17
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Route Collectors

Losing streak for NE?

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:00 pm

Seattle 31
Pats 24

Dyv

Losing streak for NE?

Post by Dyv » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:55 am

With New England already at 17-0 in the early part of the 2nd quarter that makes the prediction that New England is going to lose at home to Seattle pretty tight, huh?

D

Dyv

Losing streak for NE?

Post by Dyv » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:12 am

Looks like NE is going to pull it off - I wasn't that far off on the 27-13 prediction

D

[ October 17, 2004, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Dyv ]