NFFC Rosters Will Be 18 Players

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri May 28, 2004 7:22 am

The NFFC main draft will consist of 18 rounds, two fewer than had been originally announced on this site. Each team will start 10 players per week, so having eight reserves will still be enough while allowing the in-season FAAB period to have major significance. With 14-team leagues, there will be a total of 252 total players selected on Draft Day, a large amount but still leaving undiscovered players in the free agent pool.

This change will be made immediately in the rules and in all language going forward. The Auction Leagues will still remain at $200 for 20 rounds and the Draft Masters League -- which has no in-season transactions -- will remain at 24 rounds. All three events should be fun and filled with competitive owners.

Are you ready for some football? :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Fri May 28, 2004 8:20 am

Interesting. 12 teams @ 20 is 240 versus the plan for 14 teams @ 18 or 242. I think I like it. At least we can be pretty sure of picking up a kicker when we need one.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Fri May 28, 2004 11:16 am

Just curious as to why the reduction in rounds Greg? I liked the thin WW but can adjust to anything so no biggie...just curious... :confused:
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat May 29, 2004 4:50 am

I originally had it at 18 rounds and then decided on 20. But after talking with our guys here and some of the early signups, I really feel that 18 rounds with 10 starters is ideal for a 14-team league. We still have the thinnest waiver wire in the high-stakes area as 252 players will be selected on Draft Day. But I felt that going to 280 players would drain the free agent pool just a little too much and might eliminate the skill of picking up 2004's version of Anquan Boldin or Domanick Davis. Going forward, I like the format of 18 rounds for 14 teams and a strong in-season FAAB setup.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius