P.Manning

Gordon Gekko

P.Manning

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:09 am

On my way into work I had a conversation with one of my colleagues about the 32 NFFC playoff teams. When I told him only 3 P.Manning owners made the playoffs out of 16. He said, "WTF!! Those owners must be some bad fantasy managers. Wasting the best fantasy season of all time"

I'm not saying that I agree with him, but what do other non-manning owners think? thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

P.Manning

Post by King of Queens » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:16 am

One player does not a fantasy season make. To make the playoffs, you need several studs.

David Wooderson

P.Manning

Post by David Wooderson » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:09 am

Well we own Vick and Plummer who arent the most reliable, and facing a Manning team scares the hell out of me. In fact, I think a team with Manning will ultimately win this. For one, if you count the game this week, which is in a semi dome, he has all 3 games in a dome. The one wildcard could be if Baltimore can stop him, but after Carson Palmer last week, Im not so sure they can.

In a 3 week free for all, a 400 yard 5-Td passing day, can really seperate you from the pack, and he's the only legitimate threat of doing that all 3 weeks. If he does that in at least 2 of the 3 games, everyone else is really going to have to be on point with all of their players to overcome those numbers, which means no 2.2 or 3.6 days from any of your players. Other than Culpepper, and he is really slumping based on a banged up Moss, there really isnt anyone else out there that can routinely put up these numbers. Brady? Hes outdoors in bad weather for 2/3. We may very well get to Week 16, and he is playing in 6 inches of snow. McNabb is hit or miss sometimes. Last week isn't his norm, although he is probably the 2nd best guy right now to have and it wouldnt surprise me to see a McNabb team win.

And with all that being said, we can all predict lineups until we are blue in the face, but all 32 teams have a valid chance, and you cant really sort things out until after the first week. Im sure a couple teams will post a 200+ and they will be the frontrunners. And unpredictable things like 32 points from a defense or 22 points from a kicker are going to happen, and shoot all pundit analysis in the ass. This is a brand new ballgame and whoever has the hot players over the next 3 weeks is going to win, it doesnt really matter what anyone's done to this point.

But back to the original question, I think Manning is going to be a big factor here, and if these 3 teams can get decent producton from everywhere else, they are going to be tough to beat in a 3 week playoff.

MGB MARTY

P.Manning

Post by MGB MARTY » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:24 am

Billy Volek Home KC AT Oak Home Denver an eliminated Bronco team well 2 out 3 aint bad of course McNair has to be done with but in at least 2 of the Titan games Volek should be good for 3 TDS 300 yds Not delusional thinking that Volek is gonna take me to promised land rest of my team is ok but its better than putting my hopes on Aaron Brooks In re to Manning after he breaks record and if there is not much to play for he might just play a half probably still good for 2 TDs and 190 yds

MGBS

Route Collectors

P.Manning

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:15 am

David

You are absolutely correct. Most of the 32 teams have good players, but who has them at the right time is what matters. Gekko has been riding a real hot streak lately, as have a few others.

In a 3 week shootout anything is possible. I am one of the Manning owners and with a little luck could still be alive in week 16. The funny thing is FF sometimes hinges on the unexpected as you mentioned.

Shoot, in week 3 we scored 198 pts. while getting less than 4 combined pts. from both our RB's.
Dave should remember that week as his team took high pts.

Our team hasn't been about RB's all year. Pittman was an 8th rounder that we got extremely lucky with, but we've just filled in with FA pickups for the #2 RB. This week it's gonna be M.Hicks.

Barlows concussion couldn't have come at a better time! :D

RC

lichtman

P.Manning

Post by lichtman » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:25 am

He carried me close to a Gekko playoff spot (20 pts off), but Deuce's general crappiness and Charles Rogers injury but me bhind the 8-ball.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

TamuScarecrow

P.Manning

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:48 am

Harrison's new 7 year deal should make him quite happy!! Glad I've got Edge as he is going to be a man on a mission from here on out.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

BillyWaz

P.Manning

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:51 pm

Originally posted by David Wooderson:
Brady? Hes outdoors in bad weather for 2/3. We may very well get to Week 16, and he is playing in 6 inches of snow. I agree with your assessment about Manning, but why would you even mention Brady? He is an AVERAGE fantasy QB at best!

Brett Favre, Trent Green, Aaron Brooks, & Matt Hasselbeck have a WAY better chance of better numbers than Brady over the next 3 weeks.

For the record, McNabb could come close to putting up Manning numbers as he has Wash, Dall, & Stl who he could put up big numbers on!