Thursday Chat Underway

Walla Walla

Thursday Chat Underway

Post by Walla Walla » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:38 am

Can we draft the DM today? I mean we got the Auction but other than learning I have to look at Gordons ugly mug across the table it doesn't mean much.

Walla Walla

Thursday Chat Underway

Post by Walla Walla » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:40 am

Oooops. Sorry missed the last post. :)

Greg Ambrosius

Thursday Chat Underway

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:41 am

Hang in there JerseyPaul as I still think we can make a go of this. First of all, there is no head-to-head competition, so we could draft with 11 teams, 12 teams, 13 teams or 14 teams. It's not ideal, but it's possible. We should be able to get more New Yorkers juming in at the last minute to make that happen, shouldn't we? We'd figure out a way to keep the prize structure meaningful if we did that.

A second option is marrying the Chicago and New York Draft Masters Leagues via phone. We have 11 between those two cities right now, so the hangup would be having the Chicago drafters coming in an hour earlier. Possible, although not ideal for everyone. But that would be easy to have the draft facilitator from each city announce the picks to everyone over a speaker phone.

So don't give up just yet as I think we can make this happen. In one scenario, we're almost there. Now let's start drumming up business.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Thursday Chat Underway

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:46 am

Why am I on the live chat today instead of Tom? He's doing a radio show out of Lansing, Michigan and working the phones to talk to our last NFFC members we haven't contacted yet. The good news is that we've reached all but 20 of our guys and the tally is now that everyone is in, one is on the fence and two are still against the new prize structure. We are already working on our 15th league, so all is good.

We expect more signups over the next 3+ days and would love to fill up this 15th league and work on No. 16!!! Thanks for supporting us guys.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Thursday Chat Underway

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:02 am

Where's the smack talk for that Las Vegas Auction League? I thought seeing which division each owner was in would get the smack talk started. Maybe it's on another thread, but Gordon is waaaaay too quiet today. Better check out that other thread, I guess.

TamuScarecrow

Thursday Chat Underway

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:05 am

Gordon's still working on that #8 pick he has in the Gekko Invitational since he's the 2-1 favorite.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Gordon Gekko

Thursday Chat Underway

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:43 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Gordon is waaaaay too quiet today. I cancelled my afternoon meeting thinking I'd be heading down to the pub with my chaps to talk DM strategy (any reason to get out of the office). But, it looks like it won't get posted till tomorrow.

BTW, I'll be out of town this weekend, so I might not be on the boards.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Thursday Chat Underway

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:44 am

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
Gordon's still working on that #8 pick he has in the Gekko Invitational since he's the 2-1 favorite. I'm not sure what I'd be working on. I already know who I'm taking.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Dyv

Thursday Chat Underway

Post by Dyv » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:27 pm

Lansing, MI radio show? What station?
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Greg Ambrosius

Thursday Chat Underway

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:31 pm

The one with Earl somebody, a legend at MSU. I've done his show since like 1990 and he calls every year at this time to do a fantasy football show. You must know who I'm talking about, don't you??