Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:02 am

Ugh.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

King of Queens

Deuce McAllister Out For The Year

Post by King of Queens » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:53 am

This is the first of the consensus (or 19 out of 20) #1 picks to go down. Really tough to come back from losing your 1st round pick -- good luck to all...

rsaylor

Post by rsaylor » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:58 am

I think all Duece owners, and anybody who loses a first round draft pick for the year, should be given extra FA money. This "extra" money should be for use ONLY on a player from the same position AND team as the injured player. For instance, say you get $300 for losing Deuce, this money would be used to bid on ASmith or AStecker ONLY. BTW, I do not own McAllister, I just think it would help competitive balance.

[ October 10, 2005, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Rodsay12 ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:13 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
This is the first of the consensus (or 19 out of 20) #1 picks to go down. Really tough to come back from losing your 1st round pick -- good luck to all... Yup, I have McAllister in the two leagues I really care about and got him at the end of the first round in both. I viewed him as a nice bargain there at the time. Oh well.

The good news is he hadn't really gone off so my teams have been doing very well without him carrying anything. The bad news is it's awfully hard to replace a player of his talent and upside and so you're going to have to hope you hit big each week with the player who is taking his spot in your lineup instead of knowing that most weeks you're going to get X amount of points as would have been the case with a healthy McAllister.

The old saying is you can't win a championship in the first round but you can lose it there will now be put to the test by all of us McAllister owners.

Sucks.

:mad:
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:13 am

Originally posted by Rodsay12:
I think all Duece owners, and anybody who loses a first round draft pick for the year, should be given extra FA money. This "extra" money should be for use ONLY on a player from the same position AND team as the injured player. For instance, say you get $300 for losing Deuce, this money would be used to bid on ASmith or AStecker ONLY. BTW, I do not own McAllister, I just think it would help competitive balance. This is why you draft backups ... Like in the Champions league where I drafted Pennington ... I was smart enough to draft Fiedler ... a ... er ... well you get the picture. The one thing that suprises me about this league after two years ... is that most people draft others peoples backups and not their own. By week 10 ... one team has 4 starters ... and another has none.

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:25 am

I hear ya...I drafted Holcomb and A. Wright when I was forced to draft Losman and Boller in the DraftChampions as insurance, and it seems to be paying off. At the very least, it's better than having an empty QB spot....
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

rsaylor

Post by rsaylor » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:37 am

UYT, Draft champions is a different game. In the main event, one can't draft all their back ups, but I agree you should "backup" your first rounders. In NY8, no team has ASmith or AStecker, I wouldn't have a problem with the team w/ McAllister getting some sort of "FA injury relief." Again, I believe it would help competitive balance. That being said, I know it's much easier for all with closed minds and short sightedness to say, "that's the breaks."

[ October 10, 2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Rodsay12 ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:58 am

Yea, this definitely blows! :mad: The silver lining is that I do have Antowain SMith, but honestly, with Aaron Brooks at QB, how productive can ANY Saint be in this offense? :eek:

McAllister hasn't been a "ball of fire", but he was good for anywhere from 12-18 points, and asking everyone else to "step up" is going to be a daunting task.

Yes Tony Gonzalez, it is time for you to start playing like a top TE!!!

I guess we now know why McAllister was slipping on draft day in so many drafts! :rolleyes: Just trying to find the "funny side" of all this. Oh wait...... THERE ISN'T ONE! ;)

[ October 10, 2005, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:12 am

Yes, UYT, I drafted McAllister and then got his handcuff later so I don't feel any drop-off from this loss. You on the other hand are a Carson Palmer injury away from having no qbs for the rest of the season. Sorry, I don't consider Alex Smith a qb yet. :D :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ