Gekko Chooses_Successor

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:19 am

I've input the rosters of the playoff teams into the Gekko Mainframe. I was able to classify each playoff team. See below. Don't read any further if you get upset easily. This is all in fun. Thanks.

Front Runners
Teams within striking distance
Teams on Life Support
Teams DOA

3 Front Runners (in no particular order)
17) SNAKE
Great depth. Picking the starting lineup could be tough given so many options

11) FISHER
Like the options at flex

25) McNair and a Prayer
Killer rb's, but no rhodes. Why in the world carry a.peterson (your 6th rb), when you only have 4 wr's?

10 Teams within striking distance (in no particular order)
28) NO ME TOQUE
Ride the vikes D for three weeks?

43) Dibs Bitahini
Another team riding the Vikes D.

26) Domination Inc
Can mike anderson keep it going the whole season or is it Bell time?

1) Gantze Machers
regular season champ positioned well. has turner and morris.

21) FF4Charity.com
Mason as a flex player is nice. Has tomlinson and turner. But does anyone want to trust $100,000 to a.brooks?

23) RI WORKHORSE
Nice starting team, but nothing on the bench. Has tomlinson, but not turner

13) Sack of Potatoes
No moulds might be a blessing

32) Screamin Wahoos
No wr depth

24) Team Thompson
Sleeper team. Has edge and rhodes. If m.bennett starts every week, could make a run. Why keep TO though. Coulda added another flex spot

2) FantasyFootball.com
losing westbrook could seal his fate. Woulda been the top rated team entering playoffs. Mike williams in a starting lineup?

16 Teams on Life Support (in no particular order)
8) Felix Flamingos Brother
if manning gets rested - team done, Tricky rb play could factor

6) IL FORNOCATORS
delhomme / s.smith show has been stopped.

3) FantasyJungle.com
has collins; has tomlinson but not turner

22) The Fall Guys
Has edge, but not rhodes. No Rb depth

18) SVENGALI
has tomlinson but not turner. If lee evans can do his best 2004 drew bennett impersonation could be top team

15) The Neverland Express
Having rackers getting zero a game will hurt

10) Team Bayley
I just don't see enough firepower

34) Soupdogs
If collins was starting, this team might move up bigtime

57) Team Keikoan
Interesting team. Loaded at rb. Only one qb on roster? Sleeper team if giants can get in shootouts

31) Lumpys Losers
Killer wr, but duckett as the #2 doesn't bode well. Hasselbeck has to throw 9 td's in three weeks for legit chance.

14) warriors
No depth

4) Nemesis
no rb/wr depth

27) OUT OF THE SHADOWS
Too many seahwaks. If they sit…no chance

5) Strictly Business
westbrook seals his fate. Williams / rogers won't play again this year

33) Bubbas
Why keep a.peterson as your 7th rb, when you're starting wr/flex players are toomer and jacobs?

16) Headhunters 2005
Would have had a great chance if westbrook was healthy

14 Teams DOA (in no particular order)
12) SkippsBowlingCenter
has collins and moore.

7) Team Pieper
has tomlinson but not turner. No qb to like either

50) Csonkas Kiickers
Just don't have the horses to get it done

45) Team Baehman
No depth

47) Shrink Attack
No depth

54) The Machine
No depth

62) MIKIE BONES
No depth

82) Texas Crew
No depth

110) Team Suer
No depth

148) QUAHOGS
No depth

198) Bigger MO
No depth

19) Blue Falcons
No depth.

9) HONOLULU HAMMERS
no rb depth. Can't trust m.moore

20) Hoof Hearted
No RB's

WINNER: I'd like to choose snake, but he needs to pick the right lineup every week (which he's had some problems doing). I think he makes the right decisions this time, and walks away with the 100K. his team is loaded with depth...which you will need to win. well done snake

[ December 09, 2005, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Quahogs

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Quahogs » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:41 am

GG - nicely done! all you need are odds and Im sure some guys would take some action.

Q

Captain Hook

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:20 am

GG - very nice effort moving to the analyst/projections area from the playing arena. Reminds me of some old Quarterbacks.

You are right that snake has good depth - hopefully he has not shed to much skin lately because he will drive himself crazy scratching it with every lineup change he makes. I put the over/under on changes at 50 for the three weeks.

As for my roster, with the exception of a speculative and blocking Randle El pickup weeks ago, I haven't had a fifth WR since week 7 or 8 - content to play three or four depending on RB matchups, and later having more important needs (like a second kicker and a better backup QB) than adding a poor WR that would likely never make the lineup (yes, if two of mine were out injured in the next three weeks, I would have problems). OTOH Adrian Peterson's upside for that Bears offense is huge if Jones were to go down again (which could happen at any moment). The last week I played him he was worth 20 points.

FWIW, there are nine of the 43 teams in the Championship bracket who have Peterson on their roster.

For Week 1 of the playoffs, I am rooting for Volek to start (despite the boost that would give the Drew Bennett owners).

GL to ALL

David Wooderson

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by David Wooderson » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:23 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
GG - very nice effort moving to the analyst/projections area from the playing arena. Reminds me of some old Quarterbacks.Yeah the armchair variety!

BillyWaz

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:05 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
I think he makes the right decisions this time, and walks away with the 100K. his team is loaded with depth...which you will need to win. well done snake Gekko,

Very nice analysis of everyone's team (I would love to have your "job" - whatever it is you DON''T do! ;) )

My only question is were you drinking or smoking the same stuff when you drafted your teams this year, as when you predicted Snake would win it?

If Snake could pick the right lineup each week, then he has an "outside chance", but since I am not sure if he can, I'll take the field! ;)

[ December 09, 2005, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Nag'

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Nag' » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:40 am

I think snakie doesn't even challenege for the top 5, never mind winning it. He certainly has depth but depth is overrated. It helps you during the long season but not in a 3-week playoff round. Breakout players are what is needed to beat out 42 other teams and breakout players is what he does not have besides Palmer & Jordan. I know he THINKS he does, but Horn, Glenn, Chambers and Stallowrth are basically hit or miss. Expecting them all to "hit" together, for 3 weeks is unrealistic.

Having said that, I didn't examine the rest of the competition, but some of the teams look very strong. I would look out for teams without many Seahawk, Colts or Pats on their roster as those players may not even be on the field in week 16.

[ December 09, 2005, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:17 am

Originally posted by Nag':
He certainly has depth but depth is overrated. It helps you during the long season but not in a 3-week playoff round. you mean depth like this? only rb's on one of the playoff team's roster?

Davis, Domanick RB HOU
Westbrook, Brian RB PHI
Henry, Travis RB TEN
Wells, Jonathan RB HOU

depth overrated? don't think so. at least that team has two kickers.
Hall, John K WAS
Janikowski, Sebastian K OAK

anyone want to guess the team?

[ December 09, 2005, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?