Gekko Chooses_Successor

Nag'

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Nag' » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:52 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised that barring any other injuries, my team finishes right around where his does - somewhere out of the money. sounds like a snake vs nag sidebet would make sense. nag, would you offer (or accept) a bet to snake? [/QUOTE]I wouldn't go out soliciting that wager but I wouldn't run from a fair one either, one with the stipulation that I can continue to field my starting lineup as it stands now. I know that sounds weak, but as I specifically said before, my team can only compete barring further injuries.
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:55 am

Originally posted by Nag':
I wouldn't go out soliciting that wager but I wouldn't run from a fair one either, one with the stipulation that I can continue to field my starting lineup as it stands now. I know that sounds weak, but as I specifically said before, my team can only compete barring further injuries. nag - sac up. what if snake's team is hit with injuries? you said depth is overrated anyways.

[ December 09, 2005, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

GOD Loves You

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:56 am

GG...is Greg paying you with Enron shares as he is Diesel?
You have become the resident injury reporter for us..THANK YOU!
And now you are making predictions on the favorites...how can I sign up for those shares ;)

BTW, don't discount Warriors from Chicago League 5...his depth ISN'T great but I had to witness his starters perform weekly all season long.

Barring injuries.it's sometimes better to have a set starting lineup to not have to worry about playing the wrong players.

I can't wait to see how your predictions pan out. If you are right...I think I am heading out to Vegas to draft with you so we can hit the town together!
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:00 am

would anyone like to have an order of "depth" right about now....

Curtis Martin was downgraded to questionable with a knee injury after missing practice Friday.

snake...this is good news for you (and others).

Captain Hook

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:01 am

quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Adrian Peterson's upside for that Bears offense is huge if Jones were to go down again (which could happen at any moment). The last week I played him he was worth 20 points.
how many times has he scored 20 points in his career?
[/QUOTE]I don't know GG - maybe it was the only time I put him in the lineup :cool:

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:01 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
I don't know GG - maybe it was the only time I put him in the lineup :cool: lol. that's all that counts, isn't it. ;)

Nag'

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Nag' » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:08 am

nag - sac up. what if snake's team is hit with injuries? you said depth is overrated anyways. This was never about my team vs his. You made it such.

Yes, depth is overrated in a 3 week playoff when playing vs 42 other teams. I always thought that's a fact that's clear as day especially since there is precedence with previous winners. I don't remember your particular team last year but I have a feeling you won thanks to your main starters, not players that you rotated off your bench.

[ December 09, 2005, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 am

Originally posted by Nag':
Yes, depth is overrated in a 3 week playoff when playing vs 42 other teams. tell that to the westbrook, c.martin, k.collins owners.

Nag'

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Nag' » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:30 am

Yes, depth is overrated in a 3 week playoff when playing vs 42 other teams. tell that to the westbrook, c.martin, k.collins owners. [/QUOTE]I think you're just confusing my use of the word "overrated" with "unnecessary".
For Players. By Players.

BillyWaz

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:19 am

Yes, depth is overrated in a 3 week playoff when playing vs 42 other teams. tell that to the westbrook, c.martin, k.collins owners. [/QUOTE]Is there actually someone in the championship round with Curtis on their team??? :eek:

If so, that is the definition of LUCKY, or they must of had a hell of a draft the rest of the way!