Gekko Chooses_Successor

Ted's Cracked Head

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:32 pm

Is there actually someone in the championship round with Curtis on their team???

If so, that is the definition of LUCKY, or they must of had a hell of a draft the rest of the way!
I am one of the Martin owners and very painfully made a serious mistake last week. I panicked and added a third QB because after Leftwich went down, I was only left with Brooks. Yeah I picked up McMahon and Boller and guess who I dropped?

Yup,Cedric Houston. That may have cost me any real shot unless Gore can step in and get the job done if Martin does shut it down. Though in the back of my mind I was thinking that even Jim Brown couldn't run behind the Jets line this year.

Time will tell.

Gordon and gang,

Which 4 wrs of the following 5 should I start this week: Harrison, Driver, Mason, Engram or Stallworth?

Do I start Gore / Barlow or C Mart?

[ December 11, 2005, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: Ted's Cracked Head ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:23 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
We all need many things to go right these next three weeks to win the crown and I for one feel the first thing in my favor just occurred...The scaly one didn't pick my team to be anywhere near the top. :cool: No offense but this year I see your annointing the winner as the ultimate kiss of death...Snake may be best served asking to be pulled from your spreadsheet... ;) :D YOU made the playoffs? as i said before, this year must be the "bad guys" turn.

i'm the only one with enough balls to make a prediction (all in fun btw). let's hear who you think is going to win it, then we can make fun of you when you're wrong.

btw, i believe it's already started, but as the playoffs go on, those owners will get smaller and smaller balls, as they don't want to **** off the fantasy gods. some playoff owners will even push their own talent aside and ask for opinions from others to make their line-up decisions. is the collar a little tight these days? muuuhahahaha!!!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BONGIZMO

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:21 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
We all need many things to go right these next three weeks to win the crown and I for one feel the first thing in my favor just occurred...The scaly one didn't pick my team to be anywhere near the top. :cool: No offense but this year I see your annointing the winner as the ultimate kiss of death...Snake may be best served asking to be pulled from your spreadsheet... ;) :D YOU made the playoffs? as i said before, this year must be the "bad guys" turn.

i'm the only one with enough balls to make a prediction (all in fun btw). let's hear who you think is going to win it, then we can make fun of you when you're wrong.

btw, i believe it's already started, but as the playoffs go on, those owners will get smaller and smaller balls, as they don't want to **** off the fantasy gods. some playoff owners will even push their own talent aside and ask for opinions from others to make their line-up decisions. is the collar a little tight these days? muuuhahahaha!!!
[/QUOTE]Whew, you were starting to worry me scaly one...way to quiet, thinking maybe you were still face down in the office party punch bowl...

As for picks, (all in fun of course), I do think the Machers were noticibly absent from your Top 3 and their entire roster is still upright and healthy. I will agree, (Oh how that pains me...lol) with the Captain's pick as his team has great balance especially at the RB slot. Regarding my own team, that would be the one with too many Seahawks as you put it. That was actually intentional with an eye to the playoff push and who they have the next two weeks. A gamble? Absolutely! Noone is a Carolina fan more than me right now as my downfall is the pending resting but we shall see and all the teams to me seem pretty impressive. They had to be to make it this far... ;)

[ December 19, 2005, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: BONGIZMO ]
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:56 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
Regarding my own team, that would be the one with too many Seahawks as you put it. That was actually intentional with an eye to the playoff push and who they have the next two weeks. A gamble? Absolutely! Noone is a Carolina fan more than me right now as my downfall is the pending resting yes, if the hawks keep playing their guns, you have a decent shot.

Ted's Cracked Head

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:22 am

some playoff owners will even push their own talent aside and ask for opinions from others to make their line-up decisions. is the collar a little tight these days? muuuhahahaha!!! Yes, tight it is moreso because I cut the one player I thought could help me deliver (Houston) and I did it for a third QB. I am not worthy and my team will suffer for that decision. As far as the "who to start" question, I do that to see what the "Pros" would do in crunch time, more out of curiosity than anything else or for a sense of validation to some degree. To be honest with you, playing for Charity has added another layer of pressure that I did not count on. When the team fails it is harder to stomach because I feel as though I have let my charities down and not just myself.

Gordon, nice breakdown and thanks for taking the time to do so.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chooses_Successor

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:27 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Gordon, nice breakdown and thanks for taking the time to do so. no problem. i only had an hour or so to come up with it. as the field thins, i'll offer more in-depth analysis