Ethics Question

King of Queens

Ethics Question

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:46 pm

If someone calls out a player that you know is out of the season (say, Marshall Faulk or Brian Finneran), would you share that knowledge with the owner who selected the damaged goods?

On a related note, if a misinformed owner calls out such a player, and is then informed (either by you or someone else) that the player in question is out for the year, should that owner be allowed to make another pick?

[ August 01, 2006, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]

Gordon Gekko

Ethics Question

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:05 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
If someone calls out a player that you know is out of the season (say, Marshall Faulk or Brian Finneran), would you share that knowledge with the owner who selected the damaged goods?

On a related note, if a misinformed owner calls out such a player, and is then informed (either by you or someone else) that the player in question is out for the year, should that owner be allowed to make another pick? no redos. sorry
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

mikeybok

Ethics Question

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:10 pm

On a related note, if a misinformed owner calls out such a player, and is then informed (either by you or someone else) that the player in question is out for the year, should that owner be allowed to make another pick? I would tell them if I was a player (so they could adjust future picks).

As moderater last year I would not have allowed redos ... I was told not too. If the moderater allowed a redo ... I would have no problem with it. But if someone else did ... I would agree the rules are the rules

[ August 01, 2006, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!

GOD Loves You

Ethics Question

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:19 pm

If someone calls out a player that you know is out of the season (say, Marshall Faulk or Brian Finneran), would you share that knowledge with the owner who selected the damaged goods? Usually, depends on what league(local, internet, NFFC) where it happens. Local, obviously yes because I usually know everyone. Internet, usually yes. And for the NFFC, if the owner was seated near me, then probably yes....but I am not going to shout it across the room though.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

mikeybok

Ethics Question

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:24 pm

I agree ... local leagues we would all laugh and let the guy repick ... always. Then when he makes his next pick someone will say he's out too. You get the reaction you want tell your buddy ... naaa he's really not hurt ........ as bad ... and move on.

It happens every year in at least one league ... and is always funny!
Hakuna Matata!

GOD Loves You

Ethics Question

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:25 pm

On a related note, if a misinformed owner calls out such a player, and is then informed (either by you or someone else) that the player in question is out for the year, should that owner be allowed to make another pick? Yes,in the next round, provided there's another :D
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

gomizzouman

Ethics Question

Post by gomizzouman » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:55 pm

Absolutely No redos if any money is involved. I was amazed two years ago when Buckhalter and Shipp were drafted in multiple NFFC leagues. It would be unethical to let the person have a redo. I am all for compassion, but I hate stupidity and signing up for a league and allowing yourself to end up in this situation is just plain stupid.

Should we sing "Kum ba Yah" while they get a redo?

No way! :rolleyes:
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

BLACKHAND

Ethics Question

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:20 pm

as much as i am for compassion i am also for competing. i think i would be upset if someone spoke up and the guy next to me had a redo and picked someone i wanted. bottom line: DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

sportsbettingman

Ethics Question

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:31 pm

Not even in home leagues with $$$ on the line. You say your pick...it is recorded...next pick.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Nag'

Ethics Question

Post by Nag' » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:04 pm

During my WCOFF draft last year one of the owners said "Chad Lewis" and quickly said "I mean...LJ.Smith". I asked for the Chad Lewis pick to stand as did the other owners. there was a call to one of the event managers and they told him the Chad Lewis pick had to stand.

At the end of the draft, that owner came over to me and told me that I was right and he was wrong. No hard feelings. We shook hands and walked away.
For Players. By Players.