Mark Ingram

mattjb

Mark Ingram

Post by mattjb » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:24 am

What are your thoughts?

I asked Tom in one of the Q&As last week to convince me he wasn't just going to get lost in a horrible job share. I asked because Tom (and others) were very high on him - saying he;ll be a fine RB2 this season. I just don't see it all. I see it being like the Saints Superbowl winning year and he gets 700 yards and 6 TDs.

Coltsfan

Mark Ingram

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:35 am

That's a good question. He has talent and opportunity but I"m just not sure the Saints are going to give him enough touches this year - barring injury. Pierre and Sproles both look great and aren't going away.

Wayne

Ted's Cracked Head

Mark Ingram

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:15 am

Guaranteed to be a top 15 RB this year with top 7 potential even with Sproles and Thomas in the fold. He is the missing piece of the puzzle for the Saints and a player who can move the chains. I think you are going to see the Saints grind it out more this year and he will be the bell cow RB by week 4. Double digit TDs are a lock.

Ingram and Graham are the Saints to draft as they will be the ones keeping the Saints D off the field.

If I was playing high stakes this year I would be grabbing him in the 3rd or 4th (steal) of every draft. Most Chicago drafters are going to read this and wish I was playing.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

rkulaski

Mark Ingram

Post by rkulaski » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:08 pm

IMHO I think there is too many weapons in New Orleans for him to get enough touches to justify being a 4th round pick. His receptions will be low with Sproles and even Thomas catching more passes. Is he guaranteed to get all of the goal line carries? I used to think so but now I'm not so sure... Great talent but bottom line is, with Thomas and Sproles healthy and present, he's no way a 4th rounder.

bald is beautiful

Mark Ingram

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:28 pm

If you think Ingram is soft, you didn't watch him play and dominate the SEC his junior year.

TOMDOG

Mark Ingram

Post by TOMDOG » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:36 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
If you think Ingram is soft, you didn't watch him play and dominate the SEC his junior year. TRUE DAT.

And i havent seen him drafted in the 5th all summer,which tells me he is established for adp,no matter what the opinions of us all.