Favre Retires !!!!!!!!!!!

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:31 am

Footballguys is reporting Favre has decided to retire. Sad day for football and a sad day for Packer fans. As I have drafted him in many leagues throughout the course of his career and in just about all of the NFFC leagues I've played in, I am calling for a day of mourning where all NFL flags flying across the nation fly at half-mast tomorrow. :(
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:56 am

The end of an era in GB.

It is a dark day in Iola!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:15 am

You never know...a Green Bay uproar and love fest...added to the fact that the Packers have not formally announced it...could mean there's a sliver of hope to change his mind.

The Packers will suck with Rodgers...and will be horrible to watch on TV next year.

Talk about leaving a black hole in 90% of NFL fans hearts.

Keep the faith!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:35 am

I can understand it having spent time in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. It's a beautiful place with excellent golf courses, which is where I got to meet the man on a May day back in 2001. I was just finishing playing 18 and he was headed to the driving range.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:53 am

Time for GB to consider a trade for Quinn?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

LFW

Post by LFW » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:00 am

Favre denies any team decision drove him to retire .... he isn't going to bash too much. YET Reports are he was again disappointed the Packers would not go after Moss hard and if by signing Randy they could have had a couple more years of Brett I think there should rightfully be some outrage from Cheeseheads. Not many players deserve to have their desires met by team management but a Warrior like Favre who's 38 and has 275 straight starts has given enough to have that sort of pull. They should have led the bidding for Moss even at a few million more than anyone else if it meant we'd all see 2 more years of a Great Great player.
-----------------------------------------------
"Mortensen reported that Favre, who wanted the Packers to obtain Randy Moss when he was a free agent last season, had once again pushed for Moss to join the Packers.

Favre had spoken to Moss late last week and was willing to commit to more than just this season if Moss and the Packers could come to an agreement. But the Packers did not pursue Moss, who re-signed with the Patriots on Monday. "
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

LFW

Post by LFW » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:03 am

As for impact ..better expect Ryan Grant to look more ordinary. Favre even made Samkon Gado look decent....without Favre Gado is nothing. Without Favre I think grant has talent but wont be nearly the player he looked like with Favre last season.
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:03 am

Word is the Eagles offered much more than NE did, so I'm not sure more would = Moss.

With that said, I feel for Packer fans today. I love football and you have to like Favre if you like football.

You'll be missed #4.

Someone needs to put Madden on a death watch immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

LFW

Post by LFW » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:09 am

I read Eagles offered more..I didn't hear how much more. I do know Randy wants/needs to play for good teams...and with Brett the Packers were better than Eagles. And so should have had Randy/Brett friendship and better chance to win than Eagles going for them. Without Brett and Randy I could see Eagles now being better than the Pack. (Assumes Eagles keep McNabb)

[ March 04, 2008, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Fast Whip ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:10 am

Let the Aaron Rodgers era begin.

A sad, sad day indeed for football fans everywhere.

CONSIDERABLE downgrades for Driver, Jennings, J.Jones, and Lee.

I still think Grant hasn't lost much value, and should still be productive.