FFOC Investigation

King of Queens

FFOC Investigation

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:30 pm

Earlier tonight on another thread, I reported that FFOC currently has 87 leagues drafted. Some folks (myself included) believed that if they were in League 80, then they were the 80th league in the FFOC. From the research that I just did, this appears to be incorrect. If you type in the following URL:

www.ffoc.com/mytools/viewrosters.php?leag=

and after the equal sign put a number, you will see the complete league draft for the corresponding league number.

I did this from 1 up to 120, and only 67 leagues have been drafted to date. That is far less than the 1,000 entries that were reported earlier -- 670 to be exact. Granted, many of these 670 teams may have purchased a three- or ten-pack and have drafts coming up later this month or in early September. However, for a contest that needs 15,000 entries to break even, I have serious doubts about whether this event will actually happen.

I'd love to hear some thoughts from the folks here, particularly those who believe there's over a 90% chance that the FFOC goes forward. To me, the numbers simply don't add up.

[math error edited]

[ August 06, 2008, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]

Inf4life

FFOC Investigation

Post by Inf4life » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:49 pm

We got the 3 pack and still have 2 drafts left.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Captain Hook

FFOC Investigation

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:20 pm

Merchants run "loss leaders" all the time.

I addressed your post in the other thread, but this event is VERY likely a go!

Sound Advice

FFOC Investigation

Post by Sound Advice » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:46 pm

I get to break even on all of my projects or I can cancel the contracts?
I did not know that.
Cool.

I think it will go forward also.
Probably give away a ton of money to some rook dillweed that snoozes through his draft and hits big with the auto-drafted team of Chad Pennington, A Green, H Ward, McAlister and Otto Graham.

Is it supposed to be a mill in cash or over time?

The finals are in Vegas.
I'm good as long as we can get Chinese noodles, a couple drinks and an extremely expensive massage therapist to discuss fantasy football and foreign affairs.
That's how we roll.

Leroy's Aces

FFOC Investigation

Post by Leroy's Aces » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Earlier tonight on another thread, I reported that FFOC currently has 87 leagues drafted. Some folks (myself included) believed that if they were in League 80, then they were the 80th league in the FFOC. From the research that I just did, this appears to be incorrect. If you type in the following URL:

www.ffoc.com/mytools/viewrosters.php?leag=

and after the equal sign put a number, you will see the complete league draft for the corresponding league number.

I did this from 1 up to 120, and only 67 leagues have been drafted to date. That is far less than the 1,000 entries that were reported earlier -- 804 to be exact. Granted, many of these 804 teams may have purchased a three- or ten-pack and have drafts coming up later this month or in early September. However, for a contest that needs 15,000 entries to break even, I have serious doubts about whether this event will actually happen.

I'd love to hear some thoughts from the folks here, particularly those who believe there's over a 90% chance that the FFOC goes forward. To me, the numbers simply don't add up.
1. Another thing to note is that a LOT of these leagues are going off with less than 10 drafters, which to me means that they never filled and they just had them go off anyway.

2. The "pace" they are on is not even close to have a chance to even hit 10,000 teams - which would still be a fiscal bloodbath for them. Maybe you should start an over/under thread. I would say only 4000 teams draft before they finally cancel it.

3. One of the primary people running the event, Stan Misthios, was most recently a junior hockey coach.

4. I have heard a few other things through the grapevine that would make me very leery of this.

5. Personally, the fantasy football lottery dose not appeal to me as a fantasy player, but that is just my opinion. Plus, they are 10 teams leagues with a QB flex, and no PPR at all - no thanks.

6. Has anyone read their forums? Half of the posts are players bitching about some screwup or another. The #2 pick is auto-pick, or some guy drafting the Eagles Defense in round 2, or they dropped the draft 2 times and never rescheduled, etc, etc, etc.

[ August 06, 2008, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: Leroy's Aces ]
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

Ted's Cracked Head

FFOC Investigation

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:26 pm

Dave,

Just out of curiosity, what diffference does it make that he "was most recently a junior hockey coach?" Does this really make you leery? ;)
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Leroy's Aces

FFOC Investigation

Post by Leroy's Aces » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:37 pm

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Dave,

Just out of curiosity, what diffference does it make that he "was most recently a junior hockey coach?" Does this really make you leery? ;) LOL. Actually, he does appear to be the founder and president of that company, so he is more than just a coach. It is still quite a leap to go from that to try and get 30,000 fantasy players, which, by the way, was their original projection. How do you think that pro-forma income statement looks right now? They are probably using it as a coffee coaster for their all-night strategy sessions.

Where is that escrow account by the way that they mention? Who is the attorney for players to contact? How can I verify it? How much is in there at this very moment?

Those are not concerns I have with the NFFC, for example.

[ August 06, 2008, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Leroy's Aces ]
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

D-Day Heroes

FFOC Investigation

Post by D-Day Heroes » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:05 pm

... Bottom line , when you factor in the personal touch, that Greg and Tom provide , these other leagues can't hold a candle to this one. IMHO :cool:
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

King of Queens

FFOC Investigation

Post by King of Queens » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:16 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Merchants run "loss leaders" all the time.

I addressed your post in the other thread, but this event is VERY likely a go! Hey, I hope the event happens, too. I joined with the same "what the heck" attitude that Jersey Paul and others expressed last week. However, the more I look at this, the less likely I believe that it's going to happen. Others seem much more certain, and I'm curious as to why.

At its current pace of sign-ups, this event stands to lose over $1 million. That's not a "loss leader" -- that's bad business.