Is Romo gonna play?!?

Ry's Guys

Is Romo gonna play?!?

Post by Ry's Guys » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:33 am

Reports out of Cowboys camp have Romo "throwing the ball with good velocity" during warmups with a cast on the pinkie. I guess he just wants to get in there and use his newest boytoy...roy! As a Romo and Bears season ticket holder and tailgater this disturbs me! Play or don't play but don't tease us please!!!
Pat Sorge

Old School

Is Romo gonna play?!?

Post by Old School » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:24 am

This might be for brighter minds than mine, but isn't it almost better to have him not play if you have another good QB on your roster? If he plays and you have to decide to start him, and he leaves the game early, plays poorly, hands the ball off all game, or changes his throwing motion so that he throws like Uncle Rico, it might frustrate owners to no end for a few weeks....

mikeybok

Is Romo gonna play?!?

Post by mikeybok » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:19 am

Originally posted by Old School:
This might be for brighter minds than mine, but isn't it almost better to have him not play if you have another good QB on your roster? If he plays and you have to decide to start him, and he leaves the game early, plays poorly, hands the ball off all game, or changes his throwing motion so that he throws like Uncle Rico, it might frustrate owners to no end for a few weeks.... his Q status is only a problem if I am trying to play his backup. Otherwise, I would rather have the choice than know he is out for sure ... If I have a choice ... I can always sit him if I don't like the risk.

My 2 cents
Hakuna Matata!

Diesel

Is Romo gonna play?!?

Post by Diesel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:01 am

My opinion is he CAN play..But will he? It all depends on how Brad Johnson moves the offense. Romo wants a week to heal. So if the Cowboys can pull a win out, with Romo healing, that's their plan. But if the Cowboys fall behind, and they feel the difference is soley based on Brad Johnson's play, Romo comes in.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Old School

Is Romo gonna play?!?

Post by Old School » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:35 pm

My opinion is he CAN play..But will he? It all depends on how Brad Johnson moves the offense. Romo wants a week to heal. So if the Cowboys can pull a win out, with Romo healing, that's their plan. But if the Cowboys fall behind, and they feel the difference is soley based on Brad Johnson's play, Romo comes in.

......Oh Romo ,where art thou Romo?

da bears

Is Romo gonna play?!?

Post by da bears » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Quarterback Tony Romo said he will not play in Sunday's game against Tampa Bay.

Speaking on Terrell Owens radio show Tuesday night, Romo said, "Brad is going to go this week, unless something different happens that we don't foresee. It will be very difficult to change." The Cowboys have a bye in Week 9, but Romo may still miss the Giants game the following week. It looks like the original four week timetable will hold up for Romo unless the team can come up with a brace that allows him to play

Ouch maybe another couple weeks of Johnson. :eek:
Bauler Shot Caller