B.Quinn or M. Ryan?

Ry's Guys

B.Quinn or M. Ryan?

Post by Ry's Guys » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:11 am

Any help would be appreciated...I've had three days of looking at opposing defenses, trends, etc. I need to win this week or my Tony Romoless team is basically done. Anybody have a strong feeling on this one? Matt Ryan at home vs. weak Saints def. or Brady Quinn at home vs. Denvers AWFUL defense. Normally I hate first time starters and rookies but that's what I've got here. I won't say who I'm leaning towards as I don't want to sway your opinions. Thanks to anyone who gives me their 2 cents! I'm getting ready to flip a coin!
Pat Sorge

kjduke

B.Quinn or M. Ryan?

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:19 am

Matt Ryan.

1) N.O. defense has been weakened with injuries while Denver has been about average vs the QB of late.
2) Ryan seems to be getting very comfortable as an NFL QB while Quinn is risky in not having started a game, ever.
3) Most importantly, Brady Quinn is from Notre Dame, which means he is overrated by default.

[ November 06, 2008, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Raiders

B.Quinn or M. Ryan?

Post by Raiders » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:19 am

I think Quinn will be good for 2 scores, so grap and play Denver's Def. if You can. Denver def will get two pick 6. :D :D Yes start Ryan.

John

[ November 06, 2008, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

kapefear

B.Quinn or M. Ryan?

Post by kapefear » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:43 am

I even though about Ryan over Rodgers, but just for a minute..The tendency is to get the points NOW........You have to remember that Denver is aweful against the run too..Expect Jamaal early and often to get Quinn comfortable, then look to Winslow and eventually suceed with a heavy dose of Edwards.This is a big game for Quinn,but also Edwards..No drops tonight and a big game as well a win, could prove worthy for both of them..Enjoy tonights game,with Ryan ready to go in a shoot out in Hotlanta.Just my .02c.. :D

kjduke

B.Quinn or M. Ryan?

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:05 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
I even though about Ryan over Rodgers, but just for a minute..The tendency is to get the points NOW........You have to remember that Denver is aweful against the run too..Expect Jamaal early and often to get Quinn comfortable, then look to Winslow and eventually suceed with a heavy dose of Edwards.This is a big game for Quinn,but also Edwards..No drops tonight and a big game as well a win, could prove worthy for both of them..Enjoy tonights game,with Ryan ready to go in a shoot out in Hotlanta.Just my .02c.. :D Funny you mention Ryan over Rodgers, I am starting Ryan over him in a few leagues. Why did you decide not to?

kapefear

B.Quinn or M. Ryan?

Post by kapefear » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:33 am

As of this minute,just gut feeling..I think GB has a little more to offer,but ooooooo so slight.The fact that Minny is so good against the run, I really think they will have to repect Grant.I've been riding Rodgers all year, even though I drafted Anderson in the 5th round"ouch", but did grab Ryan off the waiver wire shortly after the debacle in Cleveland..I'm a true fan of Jennings and I know Roddy White has been a monster..Its a TOSS UP...... :eek: :confused:

Ry's Guys

B.Quinn or M. Ryan?

Post by Ry's Guys » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:11 pm

Thanks for everyones .02 I appreciate it and agree wholeheartedly with your assessments. I came up with the same reasoning as far as the NO def. and KJ I agree with your ND overrated "clapclapclapityclap" but I have this stubborn voice in my head that says play the kid. Gosh I hate that voice!!! Well heads tails I gotta decide soon. Thanks again for the input.
Pat Sorge

BillyWaz

B.Quinn or M. Ryan?

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:14 pm

Who did you go with??

Ry's Guys

B.Quinn or M. Ryan?

Post by Ry's Guys » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Brady so I'm not even gonna watch the NO vs. ATL game lol
Pat Sorge

kjduke

B.Quinn or M. Ryan?

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:27 pm

Originally posted by Bullgod:
Brady so I'm not even gonna watch the NO vs. ATL game lol gotta give him credit for knowing who to throw to - screw the guys that drop the ball half the time - just toss it to Winslow on every play