Ripped off by a promotional partner?

superdac

Post by superdac » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:45 am

Need to vent a little....

To keep things impersonal, I won't name the website, b/c I typically enjoy looking at Jon and Ian’s work to get an idea of the public's opinion, and a lot of people seem to enjoy the "FFCPI" rankings. So anyway...

They have a $2500 survivor pool for members. I have done it and actually survived through week 9 so it is down to the final 100 or so. I was out of town for business this week, and with a Thursday game, I wanted to check the site to verify the cutoff time to make my pick. Having invested a lot of time into the contest, I didn't want to risk missing the cutoff. So I stopped by an internet cafe on Tue evening to check this out. On the main page for the survivor pool it clearly stated the cutoff for the week 10 pick was Nov 9 at 1:00 eastern. Nothing else on the site indicated otherwise. Great for me b/c I could work on my pick when I got home Friday night and not have to spend 0.25/min deciding on my pick at the cafe.

Unfortunately when I got home I discovered that they moved the cutoff from Nov 9 to just before kickoff on Nov 6. More disconcerting is the fact that no email was sent to notify contestants of the deadline change

So I'm apparently out b/c I missed the deadline that they changed mid-week shortly before the game. I can't get a response from anyone on the site as I've sent emails, posted on their forums and left comments on their articles that they have posted over the past couple of days (so someone is obviously home, right?)

Obviously the odds of winning the pool are not good, but it stinks that you get jobbed out of the chance to win. Didn't miss a pick, didn't forget to pick, just didn't anticipate a seemingly reputable site making rule changes just before the deadline with no communication to the participants. On the other hand, I fully expect they will comment.......

At about 1:01 eastern time Sunday.... :mad:

Makes me appreciate this event and the customer service we receive even more.

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:16 am

I understand that you're pissed, and I would be too, but don't they have a policy in effect for those who miss the pick deadline? In the Survival Pool that I participate in, if you don't get your pick in by the deadline, they automatically give you the next team alphabetically by city based on your last week's pick. If you've already used that team, they move on to the next one.

Example: If your pick last week was Dallas, you would automatically be given Denver. If you had already used Denver, you would get Detroit, etc. If it came down to Detroit, you would probably be eliminated anyway, but you get the picture.

Maybe if you suggest this, they'll consider adding it in to the rules. I'm in a league with 800 people at $200. a pop, and if something like that happened it could result in gun play. Good luck.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:19 am

Oh, and by the way...Thursday games are not used in our contest.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

superdac

Post by superdac » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:20 am

Originally posted by Primo:
I understand that you're pissed, and I would be too, but don't they have a policy in effect for those who miss the pick deadline? In the Survival Pool that I participate in, if you don't get your pick in by the deadline, they automatically give you the next team alphabetically by city based on your last week's pick. If you've already used that team, they move on to the next one.

Example: If your pick last week was Dallas, you would automatically be given Denver. If you had already used Denver, you would get Detroit, etc. If it came down to Detroit, you would probably be eliminated anyway, but you get the picture.

Maybe if you suggest this, they'll consider adding it in to the rules. I'm in a league with 800 people at $200. a pop, and if something like that happened it could result in gun play. Good luck. No, Fantasy Football Champs doesn't have this rule. If you miss the cutoff, you're out of luck. Probably a function of the pool being a "free" perk with a paid membership. I would ask, but they have been ignoring my inquiries (and several others) for the past 4 days......Pathetic.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:26 am

btw - they don't own the site anymore - they just work there, so it's not like they could make an immediate decision for you....or anyone and have probably referred it to someone who has no clue.