Fantasy Football Grand Slam

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Win the NFFC, NBC, WCOFF, and FFPC in the same year.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:27 pm

$6,000.00 in entry...you'd better be ready.

I have come to believe that the owners of these companies think we are gambling fools, and have never-ending pockets.

When breaking down the odds of profiting in this game...there are sooooo many better bets out there.

Time to put up some money other than our own.

Here's my home phone number...(650) 867-5309

Call me when you're interested in a game where 25 cents on the dollar spent is never seen again.

I'll make that 25% worth your while!

~Lance

[ April 26, 2008, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:25 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I have come to believe that the owners of these companies think we are gambling fools, and have never-ending pockets.That may have been the case a couple years back, but discretionary spending has come down big time for just about everyone -- including the super wealthy. My guess is that very few people (I'll set the range at 20 to 50) are going to be able to lay out $5,000+ in entry fees for the coming season. Once travel expenses, event fees, and time expenditures are considered, the chances of people triple- or quadruple-dipping are not very great at all.

For the vast majority of the fantasy football community, it's going to come down to a matter of preference.

[ April 26, 2008, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]

da bears

Post by da bears » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:32 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I have come to believe that the owners of these companies think we are gambling fools, and have never-ending pockets.That may have been the case a couple years back, but discressionary spending has come down big time for just about everyone -- including the super wealthy. My guess is that very few people (I'll set the range at 20 to 50) are going to be able to lay out $5,000+ in entry fees for the coming season. Once travel expenses, event fees, and time expenditures are considered, the chances of people triple- or quadruple-dipping are not very great at all.

For the vast majority of the fantasy football community, it's going to come down to a matter of preference.
[/QUOTE]Yep agreed. I was to going to play in the WCOFF for the first time this year, but with the addition of NBC Championship, I won't be doing that anymore.

The NFFC/NBC situation is now the ideal one for me, as I only have to travel once and get to play in two high stakes contests on the same day.

Like Glenn said, money is tight everywhere, and with gas prices likely to be $5.00 or more a gallon in some places this summer, I'm interested to see how many people join these contests this year.

[ April 26, 2008, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:37 am

Matt, on top of gas prices going up...Flour has gone through the roof, so bread/pizza/bagels/pasta, etc...is going up and up...Also, everyone's electric bills have been rising over the last year. I am sure that a few people are going to have a slight heart attack when they see their electric bill this summer, if it turns out to be a very hot summer.

I think 8 years of a recession is what constitutes a depression. I don't think we're very far off from that. Let's hope things turn around soon for everyone.

[ April 26, 2008, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

da bears

Post by da bears » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:53 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Matt, on top of gas prices going up...Flour has gone through the roof, so bread/pizza/bagels/pasta, etc...is going up and up...Also, everyone's electric bills have been rising over the last year. I am sure that a few people are going to have a slight heart attack when they see their electric bill this summer, if it turns out to be a very hot summer.

I think 8 years of a recession is what constitutes a depression. I don't think we're very far off from that. Let's hope things turn around soon for everyone. Yep exactly Marc, although I fear things are going to get much worse before they do get better.
Bauler Shot Caller

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:25 am

I just saw a clip of that guy on tv that looks like a madman, but seems to know his stuff about the stock market(I think his name is Kramer?) He had a total meltdown talking about the state of the market. Dude, he really looked like he personally knew that this is really going to be bad.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

hammer

Post by hammer » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:45 am

Originally posted by da bears:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:

I think 8 years of a recession is what constitutes a depression. I don't think we're very far off from that. Let's hope things turn around soon for everyone. Yep exactly Marc, although I fear things are going to get much worse before they do get better.
[/QUOTE]definitely worse before better

(bunch of optimists we are)

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:11 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
I just saw a clip of that guy on tv that looks like a madman, but seems to know his stuff about the stock market(I think his name is Kramer?) He had a total meltdown talking about the state of the market. Dude, he really looked like he personally knew that this is really going to be bad. Listening to Jim Cramer is about as pointless as Roseanne Barr buying an exercise bike. Here's what he "screamed" to his viewers on CNBC exactly one week before Bear Stearns' historic collapse:

"Bear Stearns is fine... Bear Stearns is not in trouble. Don't be silly... don't move your money."

Uhm...I wouldn't listen to any economic forcasting from Jim Cramer.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven