Immaculate Reception 2

D-Day Heroes

Immaculate Reception 2

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:57 pm

Not since Franco Harris have i seen a reception like that... Off the back heal of Witten to Phillips...WOW.

and they blow it dead , could you imagine if that was the last play of a play-off game :eek:
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

pizzatyme

Immaculate Reception 2

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:16 am

What is sad is the official who waved it incomplete was standing 20 feet from the play with a clear view. It wasn't even a close call!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Raiders

Immaculate Reception 2

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:49 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
What is sad is the official who waved it incomplete was standing 20 feet from the play with a clear view. It wasn't even a close call! It happens. I'm not going to cry and say I lost by 2 points and had the Giants Def. either. It's tough being a Ref.

John

botherk

Immaculate Reception 2

Post by botherk » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:15 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:
What is sad is the official who waved it incomplete was standing 20 feet from the play with a clear view. It wasn't even a close call! It happens. I'm not going to cry and say I lost by 2 points and had the Giants Def. either. It's tough being a Ref.

John
[/QUOTE]Agreed. We're spoiled. We get the benefit of replay after slo-motion replay while a ref gets one shot at real motion.
It may look easy to us with an overhead camera and no bodies flying around, but field level is tough.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

BillyWaz

Immaculate Reception 2

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:41 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:

John
[/QUOTE]Agreed. We're spoiled. We get the benefit of replay after slo-motion replay while a ref gets one shot at real motion.
It may look easy to us with an overhead camera and no bodies flying around, but field level is tough.
[/QUOTE]Absolutely correct. I would like to hear from someone who was watching it on TV in real motion who thought it never hit the ground. To me, it just looked like a bad Romo pass behind Witten that hit the ground and bounced up. On replay it OBVIOUSLY did not hit the ground, but if you saw it and thought it was a pick BEFORE the NY Giants CB (can't remember- Phillips?) paused and then started running.....you got better eyes than me! ;)

Raiders

Immaculate Reception 2

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:07 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

John
[/QUOTE]Absolutely correct. I would like to hear from someone who was watching it on TV in real motion who thought it never hit the ground. To me, it just looked like a bad Romo pass behind Witten that hit the ground and bounced up. On replay it OBVIOUSLY did not hit the ground, but if you saw it and thought it was a pick BEFORE the NY Giants CB (can't remember- Phillips?) paused and then started running.....you got better eyes than me! ;)
[/QUOTE]No way did I think it was caught before it hit the ground(live). After I saw the replay it goes without saying. As a Raider Fan Billy, I'm use to being on the bad end of calls, I'm the 360 of You. :D Of course the hit on Kenny the Snake was late and the correct call, and the Holy Roller was again the correct call. ;) ;) They all even out. My Buddy to this day thinks Brian Sipe was paid off. :cool:

Sorry back to Topic: Pass look like it hit the turf.

John

[ September 21, 2009, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

BillyWaz

Immaculate Reception 2

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:00 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

John
[/QUOTE]No way did I think it was caught before it hit the ground(live). After I saw the replay it goes without saying. As a Raider Fan Billy, I'm use to being on the bad end of calls, I'm the 360 of You. :D Of course the hit on Kenny the Snake was late and the correct call, and the Holy Roller was again the correct call. ;) ;) They all even out. My Buddy to this day thinks Brian Sipe was paid off. :cool:

Sorry back to Topic: Pass look like it hit the turf.

John
[/QUOTE]FRANCO, FRANCO!!!!!

May Art Rooney RIP, but he NEVER even saw the play happen, as he was walking out of the stadium. :(

The greatest LEGAL play in the history of sports! ;)

Raiders

Immaculate Reception 2

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:34 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE

I play this every time I win, it hasn't happen much this year, but it brings Chills. :D

Enjoy!

John

D-Day Heroes

Immaculate Reception 2

Post by D-Day Heroes » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Raiderman , that was funny , here i am thinkinking your going to play the reception. ;)

But whats eally funny is everytime i win I play this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9waq6BCQyOQ
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower