WCOFF

BONGIZMO

WCOFF

Post by BONGIZMO » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:32 am

As most that know me are aware, I have played in the NFFC and WCOFF since Day 1. I have always been brutally honest about when I see things that don't seem right or need to be fixed. I also have largely avoided taking shots at one contest on another contests boards.

I have decided to share my recent response to a post on the WCOFF board as I feel people do need to be aware of what is taking place in our industry especially with the Granddaddy of them all. None of you can view the thread as it is locked/hidden to the public but it has some 500+ responses and I think 20k views now.

I was fortunate to win money across all three contests in 2010, but to date WCOFF still has not paid myself or many others. Even the NFCC with it's parent closing and all the issues there got us our money in reasonable time all things considered. I won't bore you with all the drama in the thread at WCOFF but thought my response summed up what may happen and why Greg and Tom now owning the NFFC, (along with Alex and Dave at the FFPC) both stand to greatly benefit from what I find to be the absolute worst customer service and organizational management in our industry.

Scott

[quote name='Plukewh' date='Mar 30 2011, 06:01 AM' post='218525']
I was a chronic complainer here too and thought the worst, just as almost everyone here did/does. But as I posted a couple of days ago, I finally received my check. I believe now that everyone will get paid. A company that is in the process of going "belly up" does not pay people until the well is dry. They pay themselves and nobody else until the party is over. As more and more people step forward and post they got paid, it would seem more likely that funding has been secured and the tap is again running, with checks coming out.

A huge step in mending these fences would indeed be an escrow of 2011 prize money. Nobody wants to have to sit and wait this long for payments that may (most likely) be due to liquidity issues.

Here's to wishing everyone a check in their mailboxes today.

Pete
[/quote]

Mending the fences can only occur when management of an organization shows that they give a damn about their customer base. I know long time folks like myself are becoming more and more bitter with each passing day and absolutely no acknowledgement of the problem or our being dspleased.

As a previous poster noted, I should not have to spend my time calling WCOFF for my money. I have not gone down the road of Fatalist as I don't believe the WCOFF is going under nor have I ever thought that they won't pay us. I do however think they are sorely mismanaged and myself and other long time participants are rightfully looking at this debacle as the latest in a string of recent customer service disasters that have become alarmingly more regular in recent years.

Management's apparent disdain for it's customers and their cavalier attitude towards paying it's winners will have an impact. No they won't go from 900 participants to zero overnight but don't think they can't drop into the 650 range year over year. That would shave an easy 350-400k off the coffers and that my friends could cause a true cash crunch.

All of this could have been easily avoided but they don't communicate, they bury their heads in the sand with problems imo and appear to just think it will all work out. You can't keep managing an organization this way without it eventually taking a toll...
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Hammerheads

WCOFF

Post by Hammerheads » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:29 am

I am owed money from WCOFF to and I beginning to wonder whats going on. I wasn't really worried about it but we are almost to April. I have read whats being said on the message board there and I have to believe this is going to hurt.

BONGIZMO

WCOFF

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:21 am

This is my latest post on a thread that has 650 with 21k plus views. I am posting as I think it important that many of my NFFC friends who like me play across all three events know what is taking place at WCOFF. You can't view any of this as the thread has been locked from public view. Sorry for the long read but some may find it useful.

Scott

Well I broke down and called today, not because I expected to see that expediate a check but in an effort to at least be able to stop checking my mail daily and thus becoming more and more bitter. I do feel for Jill as I know she has been the lightning rod for many an irate customer and should the WCOFF actually have any extra money when this is done, she most certainly deserves a raise for being on the front line while ownership has been evasive, uninformative or at times intentionally misinforative.

I will reiterate again, I do believe and have always felt I will be paid. I do hold ownership fully responsible for some of the worst customer service in this industry. My faith in the ability of those heading the WCOFF to financially manage a contest of this magnitude is non existant. Again I stress gamers need to vent their anger and frustration at management and not Jill as she can't send a check without the blessing from above and funds being accessible.

Now some facts, my paperwork was received and approved 1/24 and my balance went to zero. I was not in the first release thus shattering anyone's hope that based on when your paperwork was in is the order you will be paid. Sorry guys and gals. I am not expecting anything for two weeks at best although I could surmise from Jill's voice that she truly doesn't have any idea when and if they go out.

My anger and frustration is at management as all of ours should be, not Jill, and when this nightmare is over we all will make decisions going forward on whether WCOFF will be a continued part of our Fantasy Stable. Dustin recently posted how they will give us details of how this will never happen again and grand plans for the WCOFF/WCOFB but my question to him is tell us why we should/can believe anything you say? We have written proof these last few months of double speak, broken target dates and often complete disappearance as things were imploding. I'll consider these rhetorical questions since I rarely expect you to actually respond with anything other than vague generalities.

It is a shame that the event that started it all is imo so close to imploding upon itself due to lack of communication of those at the top...

BillyWaz

WCOFF

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:10 am

In 2004, the NFFC had guaranteed a prize of $200,000. When they knew they would clearly not hit that mark, they reduced it to $100,000 and still took a loss. Not sure the exact amount they came up short, but I do know it was $100,000 less that what is would of been had they been stupid/stubborn and not reduced the overall prize. ;)

In my opinion, the WCOFF HAS TO reduce their overall prize (and maybe some of the overall prizes) to $200,000. They would STILL have the highest overall prize in the industry, but it is clear that it isn't manageable at $300,000.

Of course this pales in comparison to the customer service nightmares and other financial debacles they need to address, but I think it is a start.

BONGIZMO

WCOFF

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:03 am

Billy,

much of what you suggest I agree with and was also expecting until today. Today is the day that Dustin chose to delete the 700 post 22000 view thread that was locked and hidden from the public but was the only spot all of us still awaiting our winnings could connect.

This form of censorship will be the last straw as I expect others like myself will now make it a personal mission to make sure everyone of our FFL friends is aware of what has happened over there.

It's not good for the industry, and it may upset those here and at the FFPC for some of us bringing it out but the reality is noone should have the satisfaction of winning at our great hobby completely tarnished by the inability to get paid.

Great news in the long run for Greg and Tom as they stand a chance to grow and this BS the WCOFF has pulled on it's cutomers now makes most of the Fanball trials and tribulations seem like child's play.

Scott

[ April 02, 2011, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: BONGIZMO ]

Greg Ambrosius

WCOFF

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:27 am

Scott, I don't go on those boards to read about what is going on, but deleting that thread doesn't seem like the answer to me. Providing the prize money HAS to be the first step, not censoring the members.

I am very concerned for the high-stakes space because of what is going on there. It affects all of us and their financial situation didn't get any better after their baseball event fell far short of goals. It's time to pay past winners and make good. Then it will be up to the players to make decisions going forward, but they can't do anything until they are paid in full for past winnings.

Dustin: TEAR DOWN THOSE WALLS!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

philpo

WCOFF

Post by philpo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:58 am

With what is going on with the WCOFF it might be time for a proven trustworthy contest to add or move their draft date to the same as opening weekend for the NFL,

Just a thought

Greg Ambrosius

WCOFF

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Originally posted by philpo:
With what is going on with the WCOFF it might be time for a proven trustworthy contest to add or move their draft date to the same as opening weekend for the NFL,

Just a thought We will announce our plans for 2011 very soon. Yes, we do have a plan to expand our offerings and expand on the 12-team format. I think it's very likely we will be in Las Vegas on the first weekend of the NFL season, offering more than we did last year. Stay tuned.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

philpo

WCOFF

Post by philpo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:22 am

I hope you will offer some different type of playoff formats like a cutline or a Super Sattelite head to head playoffs.

Greg Ambrosius

WCOFF

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:40 am

Originally posted by philpo:
I hope you will offer some different type of playoff formats like a cutline or a Super Sattelite head to head playoffs. We are definitely very interested in expanding our offerings in the NFFC and we own the software, so we can do it. My new title with STATS is General Manager of Consumer Fantasy Games, so I've been empowered to grow the consumer fantasy games division. That either means we create new games, partner with existing games or buy existing game companies. All of it is in the mix and the first place to start is expanding our existing NFFC games.

Show me a game model that makes sense to the players and we are on it.