Should there be a limit on how many drafted?

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:52 pm

I'm wondering if a limit is needed on how many players at certain positions can be drafted.
Kickers and defense are two that got me thinking about it. I don't that it ever would happen but its possible that someone could be left without a kicker or defense to draft.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:05 am

I assume you're talking about a maximum limit at certain positions, right John? I don't think that's necessary as teams that don't have a kicker or defense late in the draft will have to get one if they see them flying off the board. It's everyone's responsibility to leave the draft with at least one starter at the 10 required positions and the draft facilitators will make sure that happens. As you know, we did the same thing in baseball. Good thought, though, as with 14 teams you are correct that defenses and kickers could get limited late in the draft.

[ June 02, 2004, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:03 pm

Greg, Yes thats what I meant.

juliancurry

Post by juliancurry » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:18 am

How many wild card teams make the playoffs? Sorry if I missed it.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:38 am

We do not have wild card teams making the playoffs. There are two spots per league that make it into the playoffs: The head-to-head league champion and the highest point total team. If those two teams are the same, then the next highest point total team makes the playoffs. If you finish second in head-to-head and third in total points, unfortunately you do not advance into the playoffs. Hope this helps.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:26 pm

Those teams which did not advance to the playoffs will carry their average weekly total from Weeks 1-13 into a consolation round playoff and add their weekly totals during Weeks 14-16 to determine the consolation round champion.

Consolation Round Champion: $2,500
Consolation Round Runnerup: $1,500
Consolation Round Third Place: $1,000
Consolation Round Fourth Place: $1,000

[ July 14, 2004, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Uncle Louie

Post by Uncle Louie » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:44 am

How is draft position selected??? Is it random on the day of the draft, is it determined by the date you registered, etc.???????

Also if we do have less then 602 players, will the number of players in each league decrease (perhaps having 12 team leagues) or will there just be a decrease in the number of leagues opened?????

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:16 am

Once we close off the signups, likely on Monday, August 30th, we'll then put all the names for each city in separate bins and select them randomly. That will be done here at Krause Publications and announced online and via e-mail no later than Tuesday, August 31st.

No, we'll keep 14-team leagues and go with as many full leagues as we have in each city.

khandy29

Post by khandy29 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:55 am

What happens if for instance after the random draw you have anywhere from 1 to 13 teams left over because there is only a 1 in 14 chance that it will work out properly. do you just give those left over teams their money back or what?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:37 am

We will do everything we can to cut off the leagues in each city once we've had full leagues. However, in baseball, we had like 10 in New York and five in Las Vegas and we actually hooked those two cities up via teleconference and ran that league without a hitch. The selections were announced on speaker phones and each team was seated in their draft position just as usual, albeit in two cities, with draft boards at each city.

We hope to avoid that in football, but we'd rather finish that way to add another league than refund the 10 in New York and the four in Las Vegas. Those who sign up early are guaranteed not to be in a partial league from a city, that's for sure. But again, by late August we will likely close out full 14-team leagues to avoid anyone getting shut out by a partial league.