KICKERS!!!

TamuScarecrow

KICKERS!!!

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:26 pm

Greg, with there being a handful of battles for kicking positions, what is the rule going to be for the Draftmasters leagues, where there are no free agents, for those folks who draft, say Morten Andersen, and he loses out to Lawrence Tynes? Because we are drafting early, will that owner be given Lawrence Tynes? Injuries and guys getting cut during the season are one thing but pre-season cuts should be an exception.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

dgamblnman

KICKERS!!!

Post by dgamblnman » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:49 pm

once you draft, that's it, no do overs, to additions, nothing. It's always best to cover all positions fully, that is why you have the extra roster spots.

TamuScarecrow

KICKERS!!!

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:57 pm

That's all fine and dandy, Vegas, for every position except kicker. Each team only has one. There are no excuses for drafting a player at any other position who gets cut because the depth at each position except kicker is enough that you should be able to determine if a player is going to get cut or not. But not kicker.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

BONGIZMO

KICKERS!!!

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:35 pm

Tamu, I think you may be missing the point of Draftmasters. You have the ability to draft any player(s) and cover all spots accordingly but the roster is locked. Last year, most every member lost people due to injury, cuts etc. It's part of the fun of the game thus there will be no exceptions, no pick ups and no waiver wire. You get to manage a team with all of these elements in the big event and Auction. The Draftmasters is all about the ability of one to draft. :cool:
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Dyv

KICKERS!!!

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:17 am

Hang in there, Rick - Morten could very easily land somewhere else in the next week or two or be a week 5 injury replacement for someone. I had known about Tynes when you picked Morten, but at the point you got him it wasn't a foolish pick.

We'll all get beat up through this season and injuries will play a big role in determining the champ.

I just hope it's not MY kicker that goes down and Morten replaces!

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Gordon Gekko

KICKERS!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:19 am

Chamberlain and Levens got released. Someone drafted Elling and Shipp too, if I'm not mistaken. Happens to everyone.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

DIESEL02

KICKERS!!!

Post by DIESEL02 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:10 pm

In draftmasters my partner and I took Chamberlain as a backup and we're stuck... who knew that they would cut both Weaver and Chamberlain guys with NFL experience and go with rooks..thats' part of the game....you wait at a position and you get stuck.. with the kicker position..there were some tell tale signs about Anderson..other owners were bypassing him and if you choose to wait for a kicker or te that's what happens..I'm sure those owners had a shot at a top kicker and decided to fore go it..you snooze you lose.....

If not maybe Rick you can suggest we draft after the season starts but what happens if a player gets hurt, in week 2...it's all relative....preparation and smart drafting keeps you away from bad picks....

I'm sure owners are sweating it out with some starting runningbacks who are injured and some that are battling for a starting job....
--------------------------------------------
"If my mother put on a helmet and shoulder pads and a uniform that wasn't the same as the one I was wearing, I'd run over her if she was in my way. And I love my mother."
- Bo Jackson
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"-"Fortune favors the brave"

Tom Kessenich

KICKERS!!!

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:26 pm

Rick, I'll let Greg add onto this when he sees it, but there won't be any exceptions made for players cut because the draft was held prior to final cutdowns. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but that's the risk any owner takes when drafting prior to the final cutdown day. And since the Draft Masters does not allow for any in-season moves the risk becomes even greater. So to answer your question: We won't be awarding any Andersen owners Lawrence Tynes. And while most teams only have one kicker and he's clearly established there were a few teams who had some kicker competitions heading into this weekend -- Kansas City being one of them.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TamuScarecrow

KICKERS!!!

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:34 pm

Dyv, I stayed away from Andersen and drafted my kickers a little earlier than planned so I wouldn't have to make the Andersen vs. Tynes or the Cundiff vs. Bryant decisions. Team 13 wasn't as lucky though, and it doesn't hurt my feelings. I spoke to a few guys in Vegas and some were in favor of the idea and some were against, just like any other idea that comes up. Just an idea as kicker is the only position that doesn't have backups. Errors made in choosing a bogus guy at another position where the team keeps at least 3 is your own fault.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

Dyv

KICKERS!!!

Post by Dyv » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:37 am

I'm assuming someone is now happy that Morten Anderson just signed with the Vikings, eh?

And Conway is now a Free Agent again - sucks...

Oh, and I lost Todd France as a backup Kicker when the Giants ditched him for Steve Christie. Lovely!

D
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!