Scoring - Negative Points

MidasMike

Post by MidasMike » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:49 am

So you guys think a runningback that, during the course of a 20 carry ,100yd game, has a carry that went for -3 yds should be awarded 103 yds in the stat book? No he gets 100 and you get 10 points , not 10.3 Enough said! Sorry Greg for the pains in the asses round here!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:01 pm

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
I think Greg and Tom addressed this issue. But after looking at your rankings in the NFFC and the Gekko leagues, Dyv, I can understand why negative points would bother you. You might want to spend more time looking at the free agent pools and less time argueing over a rule that has already been ruled on. lol, I'm not arguing over a rule that has already been ruled on - I'm fine with the resolution. I just want to be free to ask a question if I want to!

I'm only 70 pts. out of first place in my main event league - hehe, and so far have avoided injuries. In one respect, it's very sad I'm healthy and not scoring... on the other hand, I have a feeling LT and McNair and company will produce some fine numbers eventually ;)

As for the Gekko? I'm 1-1 and about 46 pts. behind you. Hardly a big issue at this point in the season, but if it makes you feel good then I'm happy for you ... lol.

We'll see how the next few months settle out.

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:05 pm

Originally posted by MidasMike:
So you guys think a runningback that, during the course of a 20 carry ,100yd game, has a carry that went for -3 yds should be awarded 103 yds in the stat book? No he gets 100 and you get 10 points , not 10.3 Enough said! Sorry Greg for the pains in the asses round here! Nope, don't think that at all. Want to guess again what my opinion might be?

Sorry if my having an opinion bothers you.

I beg forgiveness, etc.

D

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:38 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
I'm not sure if it's your first negative post or not, John - but you seem like your blood pressure is really high for some reason?

It's not 'common sense' to accumulate negative things... that's illogical and stupid. Nobody seeks to accumulate negative things that I know of ?

If someone 2 weeks ago would have asked me if there were any negative points I would have answered only turnovers. I could easily see the yardage being interpreted as a 'positive only' scoring category. Doesn't seem farfetched to me at all.

And, yes, every nuance should reasonably be spelled out - common sense tells me that ;)

Dyv 1) My BP is perect when tested a few weeks ago. 120/80.

2) I never correlated "common sense" to "accumulate negative", so please don't spin my post. And people do accumulate negative things all the time, just watch Jerry, DrPhil or Oprah. LOL.

3) I've never seen a league where the rules state the lowest score is always zero in 20 years, unless, of course, it SAYS SO IN THE RULES!. Don't see it here.

4) Common sense would tell you that it's impossible to list every nuance. Why? Because new ones come up all the time. I guess you've never commished a league with that statement. All that Greg did here was choose a word "accumulate" that has a meaning that by definition, can be used either way. ICO selectively chose one definition (spun by the Webster use of $$ in the definition), (I can spin it by saying that I'm accumulating several negative posts today and have the exact same definition as ICO's) and I pointed out other (get/gather). Google it. You'll see that we quoted the same link. LOL.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:52 pm

Dyv, it doesn't make me feel good being 50 points out of first place in the Gekko but I did notice who happened to start David Terrell last week. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:57 pm

I had him in a number of places... I'm a Wolverine Alum, short on WR all over the place, good week 1, Chicago putting in a passing offense, etc., etc.

Still, I think the ruling was fine and fair.

Don't have to like the results, but I do trust Greg.

Dave

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:00 pm

of course the ruling is fair. this thread is a WASTE of time.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

lumpy463

Post by lumpy463 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:57 pm

Damn!
Gekko and I agree.
I don't believe it.

Lumpy
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:29 am

argh, don't make me agree with Gek..... again.... HELP!!!!

wlfskp

Post by wlfskp » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:44 am

It has nothing to do with a ruling being fair or unfair...1. there is no ambiguity for a reasonable person. 2. Midas Mike nailed it.... 3) and you can accumulate negative yards...or in life getting in a deeper and deeper hole....after all a hole by its nature is negative.....good luck all sorry for chiming in so late....
Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth." -
-- Mark Twain
Play FF like its a new day -- Fanatics