Blessing or Curse?

botherk

Blessing or Curse?

Post by botherk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:12 am

Its a good thing.
It kills seeing a lot of points on the bench. In the long run though, they are on your bench and not totals in your opponants starting lineup.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

bald is beautiful

Blessing or Curse?

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:05 am

It is nothing but a blessing. Great bench strength is good for the bye weeks and injuries.

renman

Blessing or Curse?

Post by renman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:05 am

It is always a good thing or "blessing." You make a choice before kickoff on who to play and you commit to it. If someone on your bench, who "on paper" didn't look to be as good a play as you believed another player to be, but outscores that player.. you accept it and move on.

It is always better to have multiple options and try to make the right choices than to be limited and just plug a lineup in and hope...

Just my opinion.

bald is beautiful

Blessing or Curse?

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:30 am

You are frustrated about your choices. We all make mistakes.

With players that are about equally skilled, play the best matchups every single week and don't worry so much about it.

I told you last week to play Sims-Walker because the Tennessee secondary BLOWS, but you chose not to. IHis matchup was fantastic. I even gave you stats.

[ October 07, 2009, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Bald is Beautiful ]

Coltsfan

Blessing or Curse?

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:41 am

I don't typically get mad if I make a WDIS mistake unless I look back and see that I didn't take the time to do a good job researching the matchups, looking at weather, ect... If I do everything right and my starter gets outscored then that's just the way it goes. But if I don't take the time to really look at the information or leave something out in my analysis then I get upset with myself.

I sat Colston last week in the only league I took him and went with Burleson/Cotchery/Ochocinco instead. If Colston would have put up 25 I wouldn't have been upset because I felt like it was the best decision going in. Just my 2 cents.

Give me the depth!!!

Wayne

Eddiejag

Blessing or Curse?

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:47 am

Snake Jack told you i told you and Tomdog told you.
So did a lot of people but you were determined to play Braylon.Snake sometimes your Snakesense isnt always right and you need to listen to other good friends or fantasy ballers.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

pizzatyme

Blessing or Curse?

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:35 pm

I listened last week and started Heath Miller over Sproles.

I also listened and started Romo over Favre. :(
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.