WFAN & ESPN Radio adds

InItToWinIt

WFAN & ESPN Radio adds

Post by InItToWinIt » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:32 am

Greg/Tom,

Just a thought for next year. In the last two days I've heard promo spots for two competing contests on WFAN and ESPN Radio here in NY.

Might not be a bad idea as most sports fanatics such as myself listen to these stations all day and it probably has garnered some interest for these rival contests.

Regards,
Will

lichtman

WFAN & ESPN Radio adds

Post by lichtman » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:37 am

But based on the signups for the other leagues, those ads probably weren't too effective.

Now getting Mad Dog to draft a team would be a whole different story.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

Tom Kessenich

WFAN & ESPN Radio adds

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:42 am

Greg has been a guest on some ESPN radio stations already and some more may be in the works. We keep a detailed list of each entrant's referral and how they first found out about the event. The results have certainly been interesting for both baseball and football, so we'll definitely factor that into our advertising plans for the NFBC and NFFC next year.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

InItToWinIt

WFAN & ESPN Radio adds

Post by InItToWinIt » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:57 am

I agree ICO, but some of the entrants (even the few they have managed to get) in those other leagues may only know of those leagues based on the adds.

It could have steered them our way instead of to the others.

Just a thought

Appleman

WFAN & ESPN Radio adds

Post by Appleman » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:01 pm

Driving home tonight(6:30pm eastern)heard an ad for Payday AC event on ESPN 1050. Claimed payout was $1,000,000, even though it was said on another thread that it was down to $100,000. If you were a fencesitter and heard that radio spot, what would you do?? Join for a million or $100,000? That event is not half of what the NFFC is, but a fencesitter newbie might not know that and join that event based on perceived money and radio ads, not quality of event.