Time to pack it in?_Week_1_Injuries

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:51 pm

Is it too early for some teams to pack it in for the year?

Javon Walker, GB WR- The Green Bay Press Gazette reports that Javon Walker is expected to miss the season with a torn ACL.

Roto Analysis – Favre and the entire GB offense takes a huge hit. One might think that D.Driver would be the greatest beneficiary of Walker’s injury, but think again. He will now be matched-up against team’s #1CB. A bad situation all the way around.

Mike Anderson, DEN RB – Anderson left Denver’s game early with bruised ribs and didn’t return. Anderson will get an MRI to determine if there is a fracture.

Roto Analysis – We’ve been saying that M.Anderson couldn’t last the entire year. Who knew he couldn’t last the first game? Ride the T.Bell train to your league championship.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:17 pm

can we add Boller to this list? ouch!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:19 pm

yes on bowler.

kc running game could be in for some rough waters. losing roaf and richardson like that. passing game will be chit too. sorry gonzo and green owners.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:28 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
yes on bowler.

kc running game could be in for some rough waters. losing roaf and richardson like that. passing game will be chit too. sorry gonzo and green owners. bad first week all around, except for those in the fast willie club

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:34 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
bad first week all around, except for those in the fast willie club at least i'm in that club. i heard staley will be used as shark bait now.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:47 pm

also, what happened to heap and witten? did they die or something?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:34 pm

Good news on Mike Anderson. I sat quietly in my chair to think about his ribs today and determined he'll be fine. Tatum did next to nothing in a reserve role, so Mike will suit back up for this coming weekend and get back on track.

Sadly, my main event team is in for a drubbing this week unless Warrick Dunn can figure out a way to score a LOT of points...

I'd settle for 20-ish so I can post a barebones minimum 90 in the first week and have some respect.

Roy Williams, Mike Anderson + Mike Nugent with under 5 points TOTAL is not a good week.

Then again, Gekko and Dyv Express in the Ultimate league tacked up 150 pts. so it wasn't all bad.

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:42 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
Good news on Mike Anderson. I sat quietly in my chair to think about his ribs today and determined he'll be fine. Tatum did next to nothing in a reserve role, so Mike will suit back up for this coming weekend and get back on track.I sure hope you're right.

bad boyz

Post by bad boyz » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:13 am

Come on guys, suck it up! Of course he will be okay. He is a marine for Christ's sake!! :)