Greg - Roster sizes?

gerardsambola

Greg - Roster sizes?

Post by gerardsambola » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:06 am

does anyone have a problem with the fact that the fa pool does not have anything in it. lets keep 14 teams but go less rounds in the draft to try and have something left in the fa pool
gerard sambola

Captain Hook

Greg - Roster sizes?

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:41 am

Originally posted by d&g:
does anyone have a problem with the fact that the fa pool does not have anything in it. lets keep 14 teams but go less rounds in the draft to try and have something left in the fa pool
gerard sambola What league are you talking about? There is plenty of talent in the FA pool as the rosters and teams are now. Look at the Transaction history and you will see several players who were added during the year.

BillyWaz

Greg - Roster sizes?

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:55 am

Originally posted by d&g:
gerard sambola Gerard,

Sorry I couldn't have met you in Chicago, but I did meet Rick, and he is a great guy! Hope all is well with you and your family in Louisiana.

As for your proposal, I am VERY much against it. This is the National Fantasy Football Championship which means there should be as little "luck" as possible to make your team "better" after draft day. I hate when a lousy team picks up a Droughns or Boldin (mainly because they decided to bet a few dollars more!), and it leads to them winning their league. The system you are proposing is good for a "local league", but not for the NFFC IMO.

2 years ago, the auction was actually 20 rounds, and I liked this a lot. I am not a "waiver wire guy" myself, so I am a believer that the draft is the most important factor to a good season. When I got done with this year's draft, there were about 10 more guys I wouldn't have minded having on my team.

The 14 team setup is what makes the NFFC unique, and the 2 RB, 3 WR setup (with flex) makes it what it should be.... CHALLENGING!

That being said, I would be in favor of starting 1 RB, 2 WR, and TWO FLEX spots. For example, this would give an owner who is depleted at RB, an opportunity to play 4 WR's (or 3 RB's & 2 WR's). I feel this would keep owners "involved" more in their season, as it would give them more options to score points. Also, it wouldn't make getting 2 RB's so important on draft day! ;)

However, there will always be the "Team Dimeo's" out there who GIVE UP the minute they aren't doing well.

Must be nice to have $1,250 to throw around! :rolleyes:

gerard

Greg - Roster sizes?

Post by gerard » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:02 pm

billy sorry i did not make the trip but i was in orlando fl for a month after the storm hit and i own my own company that does commercial printing and promotional products. i had to try to get my company up and running maybe next year. i like your idea that you posted but letsmake it 2 wr and make the draft 1 round less that might help the fa pool
gerardsambola