Draft rules for no-show teams?

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:04 am

WCOFF (at least when it was just in Las Vegas) has always had a stand by list - two years ago someone failed to show up and with a couple of phone calls they had a new team who arrived by round 3 (they had a staffer draft the first few rounds)

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:29 am

Why not have an NFFC rep draft the team then auction it off to an owner from another league or on EBAY. If the team is well drafted it could easily go to someone for $1250, maybe more...

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:32 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
dont think having someone play for less than others is good idea either. think they should have one standby player in each city
that wants in for full amount and play his team hard all year. whatever draft position that falls to him is simply luck. Would you play any less hard if you got a team for $800? $650? $400? Free? At what point does the entry fee cause you to try less hard for $100,000?

The NFFC has already sold this spot and the whole point of getting someone else to play the spot is the integrety of the whole contest. On call is good (at any price), I feel that I would reather have Greg pay for someone to fill that spot if need be ... than have a 13 team league in the hunt for $100,000 (unless it's my league of course :D ). If Greg can make a few extra bucks by reselling it ... good for him.

Blackhand ... You really wouldn't try to draft a good team if you got in for $100.00? Why?
Hakuna Matata!

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:26 am

you make a valid point about it being xtra $$$ for tom and greg. i was not thinking of the original fee that is kept. they do a great job. i guess my point was you would try alot harder if you put up 1300 than 100 even with the grand prize. also more impotant is a team being able to pick up free agents and sticking with team all year. this i guess is another topic on integrity for your team and playing hard all year even if out of it.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:22 am

Tom and Greg,

If for some reason someone cannot make the Chicago Auction League, I will be ready to buy the team and draft. I will be there for the DraftChampion league anyway.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:31 am

I would want to see that team drafted and somewhat maintained regardless ... even if for only 6 weeks. It's better than drafting off a list and no moves or changes to the line up or team.

I think they should auction the team to the highest bidder on the spot. They could maximize their profit and as you say ... get a more vested owner. I know me and my partner want to draft together. But for the good of the contest and a sweet deal ... we would split if need be. That's all I'm thinking. If an alternate is there and somewhat prepared ... give him the team for whatever ... doesn't change my money ... and if he's only 90% involved ... all the better! As long as it's not 0% involvement.
Hakuna Matata!