First FAAB Period Deadline ???

Chameleon

Post by Chameleon » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:00 am

I have searched and searched but can't find an answer to my question ...

When is the first FAAB period cut-off (i.e., when does the computer process the bids etc.). Which day / time represents the first period, and for which week will those newly acquired FAAB players be eligible to play?

Thanks...

rtttslr

Post by rtttslr » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:06 pm

Just my understanding, nothing official at all here....but first opportunity is AFTER week one's games...pick is 4 p.m. Eastern I believe on Fridays....except when earlier games show up on the schedule.

NOT OFFICIAL, JUST A QUICK RECALL ON MY PT. Hope it helps somehow. It is in the rules...under free agent acquisitions/bids/etc.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:58 am

From the rules page:
9. Bidding Time Frame: The bidding process will be held each week after Week 1 and continues through the end of the NFFC regular season. Bids will be accepted on the league web site from Tuesday at 9 am ET until Friday at 4 p.m. ET in each of those weeks. If you are submitting by phone, you must submit your bids by 2:30 p.m. ET on Friday. Rosters will be updated by 5 p.m. ET Friday with the results of all successful bids

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:13 am

Yes, sorry about not posting a thread on this myself as I know a lot of guys and gals were asking this question on Saturday.

The first FAAB deadline is Friday, Sept. 15th at 4 p.m. ET. It wouldn't be fair to host that first FAAB period this week since rosters are still being loaded and corrections are being made, taking some free agents out of the list through tonight. So the free agents will be available Tuesday morning, Sept. 12th and available for bidding until Friday, Sept. 15th.

That is the same for the main event, auction leagues, Ultimate League and the satellite leagues. We maybe should have moved up the FAAB deadline for satellite leagues to this week because those leagues drafted earlier, but we didn't do it in time for everyone to see it. So this year FAAB starts next week for those leagues as well and next year remind me to move that up a week for satellite leagues only.

The FAAB deadline remains 4 p.m. ET each Friday for all leagues. There was a push to move that deadline back a few hours, but we opted for the 4 p.m. deadline. Again, maybe next year when we announce the rules we'll push it back four hours, but for 2006 it remains at 4 p.m. ET. Good luck everyone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius