Why have head to head games if its total points for playoffs?

renman

Post by renman » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:34 am

Jack,

I have played fantasy football for a long time and have competed in just about every format and tried every league setup. I am not sure you can come up with a better "Balance" (in terms of how to value each format) between H2H and total points than by how the NFFC does it. And as you can see they are open to listening to their membership and will make changes it warranted.

If you love fantasy football, you wont find a better place to enjoy it than here. Every year a few teams catch some bad breaks and end up with disappointing endings to their season. I am not sure any format can ever cure that because it is a reality of competition.

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:36 am

Stick around Jack.
There is a few of us that really like head-to-head competition, and keep track of the live scoring.
We need more like you around.

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:33 am

Total points eliminates some of the luck factor that goes with the head-to-head matchs. Like who got to face the LT owner during SD bye week.

Or had to face some guy who needed a TE one week and magically picked Owen Daniels for his 3 TDs.

total points tells you how good your team was. H2H tells you how lucky you were.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:14 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
Total points eliminates some of the luck factor that goes with the head-to-head matchs. Like who got to face the LT owner during SD bye week AS OPPOSED TO WHO GOT TO DRAFT HIM?

Or had to face some guy who needed a TE one week and magically picked Owen Daniels for his 3 TDs. NOT A WIZARD - HE WAS A TOP 12 TE

total points tells you how good your team was.IF YOU GOT TO DRAFT TOMLINSON

H2H tells you how MANY OPPONENTS YOU BEAT - PLAY ALL WOULD BE A BETTER MEASUREMENT. fixed :D

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:59 am

NOT A WIZARD - HE WAS A TOP 12 TE, look it up before you post something like this in caps, he became a top 15 TE after week 8 but wasn't even top 30 before that week so hardly anyone had him starting, thats why it was my example. He has 92 points YTD and 30 of them came in a week that someone could have grabbed him off the wire.

IF YOU GOT TO DRAFT TOMLINSON, this makes no sense. Total points tells you how good your team is whether or not you drafted Tomlinson.

H2H tells you how MANY OPPONENTS YOU BEAT - PLAY ALL WOULD BE A BETTER. good point, breakdown is a better measure then total points in my opinion too.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:09 am

Oh brother...another Gekko/Nag with the "fixed" crap.

I agree with Felix.

If 4 teams make the playoffs in satellites...it would be nice that top 2 H2H and best 2 remaining points make it.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:38 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
Or had to face some guy who needed a TE one week and magically picked Owen Daniels for his 3 TDs.
I could say the same to you since:
1) He didn't have 3 TDs - he had two and 31 pts
2) True he wasn't rostered on too many teams yet, BUT he had already scored three TDs in earlier games; AND
3) He was probably a bye week replacement for McMichael or Cooley (Week 8) and they were playing Tennessee!

So I don't see how you can call this MAGIC - he was probably the highest rated FA tight end that week!

Erok

Post by Erok » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:59 pm

PLAYOFFS:

1...BEST RECORD.
2,3,4.....Next three teams with most points.

End of conversation.

Excellent format.

Erok

Post by Erok » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:04 pm

These are high stakes money leagues and the best teams are the ones that score the most points period and they should be awarded for that and in this format they are.

One spot for best record is enough. The other three spots should go to the points leaders.