Scoring Change - Packers Defense

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:19 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
Is it our responsibility to notify NFFC of a potential stat change? That is a good question.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:29 am

like maybe Friday at noon. This is wayyy to late.

Owners make decisions for FAAB based on their record and changes should not be made after the FA window opens.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:47 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:

Owners make decisions for FAAB based on their record and changes should not be made after the FA window opens.
[/QUOTE]I thought owners made pickups based on who they need, not their record. Besides which, if I make my free agent moves on Tuesday because I won't be around the rest of the week it's before the stat changes are official so I don't see the difference if the deadline is Friday.

The correct result is what we should be looking for and as Leroy points out, the game is won and lost on points. So getting that right should be paramount. More important is that the stat providers should be automatically adjusting the stats as the official adjustments are made. How hard can that be?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:17 pm

[/QUOTE]Absurd logic. Statistical corrections which are made/announced by the NFL on Thursdays/Fridays should NEVER be ignored because of already made WW moves.

[ October 06, 2007, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:20 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by UFS:

[/QUOTE]Absurd logic. Statistical corrections which are made/announced by the NFL on Thursdays/Fridays should NEVER be ignored because of already made WW moves.
[/QUOTE]The only thing absurd is your inability to think before you type.

If a stat change on Friday gave you a W last week and you are now 2-2, instead of 1-3, it could VERY WELL change the amount and/or the NEED you have for a FA.

Go look at all the FAAB signings this week and tell me that ALL those 200+ FAAB bids with NO OTHER bids were made by 3-1 teams.

Also, if I put my faab moves in Friday morn and have no access the rest of the day, and then a change occurs that results in a w or l change, I would most likely want to change my bids and/or amounts.

Make the changes by Wednesday.

[ October 06, 2007, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: UFS ]

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:38 pm

quote:Originally posted by Nag':

If a stat change on Friday gave you a W last week and you are now 2-2, instead of 1-3, it could VERY WELL change the amount and/or the NEED you have for a FA.

Go look at all the FAAB signings this week and tell me that ALL those 200+ FAAB bids with NO OTHER bids were made by 3-1 teams.

Also, if I put my faab moves in Friday morn and have no access the rest of the day, and then a change occurs that results in a w or l change, I would most likely want to change my bids and/or amounts.

[/QUOTE]You're trying to protect teams which may be theoretically affected in their bidding strategy and while doing so are willing to ignore factual, statistical corrections which can and do impact actual FF outcomes.

My mistake - that's not absurd logic. That's absurd IL-logic.
For Players. By Players.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:23 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
All NFFC scoring is subject to changes after games are played, but all NFFC scoring is finalized by noon EST each Wednesday for that week's games. That rule is terrible for accurate scoring, as many stat changes occur between Wednesday and Friday and it sometimes takes awhile for people to notice, get published, etc.

As noted above, that wasn't the only change either:

Chad Pennington: from 290 to 291 passing yards.
Jerricho Cotchery: from 106 to 107 receiving yards.
Kelly Holcomb: from 1 to 0 rush attempts.
Kelly Holcomb: from 4 to 5 sacks against.
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila: from 2 to 3 sacks.
Larry Fitzgerald: from 11 for 123 to 10 for 120 receiving.
Bryant Johnson: from 3 for 37 to 4 for 40 receiving.

Getting one additional point can possibly make a difference in NFFC scoring, and yes, I have the Packers Defense, and yes, I KNOW that I DO deserve another point because my defense made a sack on the play involved. It is only fair. What is not fair is for one of the two most prestigious fantasy events to freeze scoring less than 48 hours after the Monday game - that is not wise at all.

My question is why did the NFFC not correctly finalize scoring by Wednesday at noon, then?

Do the rules say that we need to notify management of stat changes?

Is it not the responsibility of the NFFC management to ensure a fair and level playing field? The only way to win this event is by scoring points, and the only way to get points is based on what happens on the field. Yet when a Monday game ends at 12 midnight eastern, Elias would have only 36 hours in which to review all games, and publish changes. Then the onus is on us, as fantasy owners, to notice said changes and then request a stat change? Why should we have to do the work? We are players, not commissioners.

That is ridiculous and it really should be the responsibility of the event commissioners (NFFC and WCOFF) to automatically adjust scoring once any changes have been made by Elias. Yes, there should be a stat change deadline, but it should be after Elias published changes, not before it. Otherwise, just say that all stats are final and be done with it, if you have a Wednesday 12 noon Eastern deadline.
[/QUOTE]"but it should be after Elias published changes, not before it."

100% agreed and a logical conclusion for next season.

Disclaimer: These changes had no effect on the outcome of games I played in.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

LETSROLL2007

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:03 pm

I guess I'm not the sharpest tack here, but what possible reason is there for having a Wednesday deadline on scoring changes? Laziness? If it changes the outcome of game, so what. Correct is correct

We were shorted two points for B Johnson. I saw it on tuesday and figured they would automatically change it as WCOFF did. I didn't email anyone. I guess my bad for not reading the rules.

Nonetheless, it's a dumb deadline rule and I'm surprised it hasn't been an issue in years past.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:47 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Nag':

[/QUOTE]You're trying to protect teams which may be theoretically affected in their bidding strategy and while doing so are willing to ignore factual, statistical corrections which can and do impact actual FF outcomes.

My mistake - that's not absurd logic. That's absurd IL-logic.
[/QUOTE]Not a theory.

It's the reality after seeing it happen and dealing with mistakes by the NFL that compound into numerous transaction problems reported by customers.

There's nothing wrong with your view, except that you can't see both sides of the fence, which is typical of you.

Real, legitimate problems occur with owners transactions when scoring changes are made after Wednesday. And that comes from running over 1000 leagues the last 20 years.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:07 pm

There's nothing wrong with your view, except that you can't see both sides of the fence, which is typical of you. Nor does anyone else on this thread. Maybe it's typical of them too? Of course, none of us run over a 1000 teams in 20 years so what do we know? :rolleyes:
If put to a poll, I guarantee your "side of the fence" will be overruled 9/1 EASILY. This rule will be corrected by next season, if not sooner.

[ October 07, 2007, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.