5K Ultimate League

Gordon Gekko

5K Ultimate League

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:23 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I've already advertised this payout and have taken signups with this payout in mind, so I'll have to stick with this. greg - i probably missed it somewhere along the way, but where did you advertise the "current" prize schedule? the only one i could find is from an earlier post you made. see below...

Here's a payout thought I had last night and tell me what you think. I may even use this type of format for the Auction Leagues next year (with different $ values, of course):

1) $10,000 for h2h regular season champ
@) $10,000 for total points season champ (other than h2h)
3) $5,000 for next high total points in regular season
4) 6 teams make playoffs; top 2 teams get byes
5) Super Bowl champion wins $25,000
6) Super Bowl runnerup wins $5,000
7) Third place game winner wins $3,000
8) No co-manager fees, obviously

This way three teams out of 14 get their money back. We reward the regular season's best teams with winnings. We still have $20,000 on the Super Bowl game, which is a lot and we pay off the top three in the regular season and in the playoffs. So there's different ways of winning.

This is an 83% payout before licensing or any other expenses. Again, we'd host this on Sunday, Sept. 4th and we'd hook up people in different cities via teleconference if we'd have to.

This is all stuff off the top of my head, so nothing is finalized, but it's a concept worth talking about. Thoughts?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Dyv

5K Ultimate League

Post by Dyv » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:47 am

I'm the new Jason Emma

Or wait, maybe he's the new Jason and I'm the new Gordon.

Wait, this could Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid... err, that doesn't end well does it?

Nevermind - just suffice it to say I'm not going to wear a John Deere shirt to the draft.

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

King of Queens

5K Ultimate League

Post by King of Queens » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:39 pm

A telephone hookup for an owner in the auction league is obviously impossible. It is doable for a Draft Champions spot or even the NFFC Ultimate League. I would work with someone as dedicated as you on this if your schedule just absolutely won't let you join us in person on either of those days as I know you'll be there on Saturday. I'd work with you on this. I'll be on vacation all week, and am making a special exception to be in NYC on Saturday morning/afternoon. After the draft, I have to hop on a train to get back to the family.

That said...

A dial-in teleconference for Sunday's Ultimate league would work quite well for me. Shoot me an e-mail with your ideas, Greg. If it's doable, I would love to participate.

Greg Ambrosius

5K Ultimate League

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:46 am

Gordon, I believe we listed the prizes for the Ultimate League in our sidebar of Fantasy Sports Magazine. But you're right, other than that we have not promoted the Ultimate League very heavily.

Maybe I'll shoot out an e-mail to the 12 signups to date and get a feel for things. I have no problem paying the same amount differently if that's what the consensus wants. Either way works for me.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? Which one was the shorter one?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

5K Ultimate League

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:11 am

We also are keeping two or more KP workers in each city until Monday to handle all of the drafts. greg, can you put back $100 in the prize pool. kirsten can stay in my hotel room sunday night...meaning KP doesn't have to pay for hers. anything to bump up the prize pool, right? ;)

[ July 09, 2005, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Gordon Gekko

5K Ultimate League

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:16 am

Maybe I'll shoot out an e-mail to the 12 signups to date and get a feel for things. I have no problem paying the same amount differently if that's what the consensus wants. Either way works for me.sounds good. my biggest worry is that the team with the best record or most pts gets 5k once the regular season is over (under the current prize schedule), and then if he happens to lose his next two playoff games, he's left with a kick to the jimmy. i think both teams (with the best record or best points) after 13 weeks should make some kind of guaranteed profit over 5K.

Greg Ambrosius

5K Ultimate League

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:48 am

Yes, that could happen, which is why we guaranteed they'd make their entry fee back. My payout format, however, also gives everyone the hope of getting in the playoffs and still having a shot at $27,500. I also like $7,500 for third place (I know you don't) as there's a lure to three teams winning money out of 14.

Now, is Dyv partnering with you or are you partnering with Dyv? I don't believe you're a member of the honored Leaderboard Sports fraternity yet. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

5K Ultimate League

Post by King of Queens » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:12 am

Now, is Dyv partnering with you or are you partnering with Dyv? I don't believe you're a member of the honored Leaderboard Sports fraternity yet. :D You know how the Home Run Derby is "Us" vs. "The World"? I think we need to have an "Us" vs. "Leaderboard Sports" contest around here.

So about that teleconference Ultimate Football thingy...

Gordon Gekko

5K Ultimate League

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:03 am

Yes, that could happen, which is why we guaranteed they'd make their entry fee back. My payout format, however, also gives everyone the hope of getting in the playoffs and still having a shot at $27,500. I also like $7,500 for third place (I know you don't) as there's a lure to three teams winning money out of 14.how bout a compromise...
current
First Place: $27,500
Second Place: $12,500
Third Place: $7,500
Head-2-Head Regular season champion: $5,000
Regular Season Points champion: $5,000

compromise
First Place: $25,000
Second Place: $12,000
Third Place: $6,500
Head-2-Head Regular season champion: $7,000
Regular Season Points champion: $7,000

at least three teams make money and the GP is $25,000. plus both H2H and most points after 13 weeks will make money.

Gordon Gekko

5K Ultimate League

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:09 am

Now, is Dyv partnering with you or are you partnering with Dyv? consider this an experiment in coupling two of the best fantasy minds ANYWHERE in the world together to DOMINATE a $5,000 entry league like never before. if i were another owner in this league, i'd be very scared. your money will soon be ours. muuuuhahahahaha