Incorrect Scoring

Fantasy Guru

Incorrect Scoring

Post by Fantasy Guru » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:24 pm

Back to the Arnaz Battle fumble. I assume that the point given back to Battle would be debited against the Special Teams?

Greg Ambrosius

Incorrect Scoring

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:21 am

Originally posted by Hard heads:
You laugh, but a guy in a LCG in WCOFF had a win taken away by the Driver scoring change only to send a copy of the Ben Watson play in question. Elias made the change today and xpert sports made that change as well changing the outcome again giving the win back to the guy who had first won. Went from a win by 1.65 to a loss by .05 to a win by .15! What a way to lose 6K, I mean win it oh wait lose it!!! They changed the yardage total on Thursday? Wow.

Elias makes yardage changes all the time and stat services can't keep changing their scores during the week or there would never be any finality. Changing a TD ruling or giving a reception to the correct player are obvious corrections that need to be made as soon as it's official.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Incorrect Scoring

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:31 am

From what I understand, WCOFF has no "expiration date" for mid-week stat changes. The stakes were very high in this particular week, as it was a League Championship game that awarded $6,000 to the winner (the loser got $1,800) AND a spot in the playoffs to win $200,000. Huge ramifications.

I hope we never have a problem like this, but a stipulation in the rules is an absolute must.

mkrucek

Incorrect Scoring

Post by mkrucek » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:36 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Hard heads:
You laugh, but a guy in a LCG in WCOFF had a win taken away by the Driver scoring change only to send a copy of the Ben Watson play in question. Elias made the change today and xpert sports made that change as well changing the outcome again giving the win back to the guy who had first won. Went from a win by 1.65 to a loss by .05 to a win by .15! What a way to lose 6K, I mean win it oh wait lose it!!! They changed the yardage total on Thursday? Wow.

Elias makes yardage changes all the time and stat services can't keep changing their scores during the week or there would never be any finality. Changing a TD ruling or giving a reception to the correct player are obvious corrections that need to be made as soon as it's official.
[/QUOTE]It might have something to do with the fact that the rules state scoring discrepencies can be brought up until Friday following the week's games.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Greg Ambrosius

Incorrect Scoring

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:38 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
From what I understand, WCOFF has no "expiration date" for mid-week stat changes. The stakes were very high in this particular week, as it was a League Championship game that awarded $6,000 to the winner (the loser got $1,800) AND a spot in the playoffs to win $200,000. Huge ramifications.

I hope we never have a problem like this, but a stipulation in the rules is an absolute must. Wow, until Friday? Yup, agreed, we do not have a deadline in our rules and need to get that in print. It seems like you could chase those Elias changes forever. Will do for 2007.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Incorrect Scoring

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:41 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
we do not have a deadline in our rules and need to get that in print...Will do for 2007. Thanks Greg. It's amazing what you can learn from the misfortunes of others :D

Ted's Cracked Head

Incorrect Scoring

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:20 am

The "TS Rule" accomplishes the "CYA Rule". Nicely done.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King