For those with children....

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:41 am

You bring a Madden Cruiser to Staten Island, and I'll find a place to park it...LMAO
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

LFW

Post by LFW » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:37 pm

Second UFS on sliding doors. With kids that feature alone trumps SUVs unless you really need 4 wheel drive. Add over 5 mpg better gas mileage and I went with the Quest over an SUV. A couple times a year the 4 wheel drive would be handy but rest of the year the Minivan is better with kids.

[ December 19, 2006, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Fast Whip ]
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:51 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
CONGRATS GLY!!! :D :D

We have a Chrysler Town and Country and it seats our 3 little rugrats with plenty of room to spare!

However, since you asked the advice on this board, I suggest you get something along the lines of a "Madden Cruiser".

That way, for the draft next year in NYC, you can pick up all of us on the way. We could have the Hold em tournament ON THE WAY THERE, and parking wouldn't be a problem, as I am sure Diesel would let us park in his front yard! :D ;) That's the best idea of the year Billy. I'm all in! :D

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:49 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
We found out last week the Welsh family is going to have a new addition around July 7th. I was wondering, for those who have 3+ children, what is the best mode of transportaion? We have a daughter who is 17 months old and a son who is 9 yrs. old so we will need to accomodate 2 car seats and comfort for our son. We currently have a 4 door Ford F-150 Lariat Super Crew but want to get something larger. Right now we plan on purchasing the biggest Yukon we can find or a mini-van, yuck, :( . If anyone has an oppinion or suggestion we would appreciate the input. Dude, let me first qualify myself. I was a complete motorhead back in the day. 69' Buick GS w/454 copmpletely set up for street racing from light to light. I was really into it and thought when I started having kids "1 or 2 would be nice"
Well, I have 4 kids and have had the Expiditon and Excursion.
But....
The Honda Odessy(sp) is absolutley great. Plenty of room, you can park it (and so can your wife) anyplace, it doesn't turn I swear it pivots.
Nice ride, roomy, and you have 3 kids. So forget cool.
Go for it....

The gearhead formerly known as Lou...

3'

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:41 am

all this minivan talk ... I don't wanna have kids anymore :eek:

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:40 pm

Originally posted by 3INTBOY/BFDFANTASY.com:
quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
We found out last week the Welsh family is going to have a new addition around July 7th. I was wondering, for those who have 3+ children, what is the best mode of transportaion? We have a daughter who is 17 months old and a son who is 9 yrs. old so we will need to accomodate 2 car seats and comfort for our son. We currently have a 4 door Ford F-150 Lariat Super Crew but want to get something larger. Right now we plan on purchasing the biggest Yukon we can find or a mini-van, yuck, :( . If anyone has an oppinion or suggestion we would appreciate the input. Dude, let me first qualify myself. I was a complete motorhead back in the day. 69' Buick GS w/454 copmpletely set up for street racing from light to light. I was really into it and thought when I started having kids "1 or 2 would be nice"
Well, I have 4 kids and have had the Expiditon and Excursion.
But....
The Honda Odessy(sp) is absolutley great. Plenty of room, you can park it (and so can your wife) anyplace, it doesn't turn I swear it pivots.
Nice ride, roomy, and you have 3 kids. So forget cool.
Go for it....

The gearhead formerly known as Lou...

3'
[/QUOTE]Lou, you must've been pretty bored to find this and respond. My wife still has her heart set on the Yukon XL, so I'm guessing that's what we'll get. Again, thanks for all the info everyone. We still have 6 months to go, so we're taking our time.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL