Scoring Change - Packers Defense

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:12 am

Originally posted by UFS:

Real, legitimate problems occur with owners transactions when scoring changes are made after Wednesday. And that comes from running over 1000 leagues the last 20 years. Can you please name one real, legitimate problem that is more important than getting the points right? Especially since the "other" contest has the later deadline and I am having trouble remembering all the problems that have arisen there with the later deadline.

And your claim that people bid differently based on their record is rather silly. Unless you want us to believe that if I'm 3-1 I don't want to get a player as badly so I'll bid less; while at 2-2 I'll bid more. If I want a player I'll bid what I think I need to so that I acquire that player.

And please answer one other question which seems to be ignored. As a game operator, why should the onus be on your customers to report scoring errors to get them corrected, no matter what the deadline?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

LETSROLL2007

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:15 pm

And please answer one other question which seems to be ignored. As a game operator, why should the onus be on your customers to report scoring errors to get them corrected, no matter what the deadline?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
good question

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:26 am

Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
good question Nobody has to alert the NFFC about scoring changes. STATS gets those directly from the NFL and they are automatically installed once the league makes them official. I asked STATS about the scoring changes made last week -- and I know there were several -- and they said that all of them officially came in after our noon EST deadline on Wednesday.

Now for the obvious question: Why the noon Wednesday deadline? Because in talking with STATS, they felt most scoring changes are made within a day after the games. Yes, Elias is notorious for a one-yard change here or there during the week, but we felt that we needed a deadline to finalize that week's scores and Wednesday afternoon was late enough after games and early enough for folks to know if they officially won or lost that week. Some contests finalize scores earlier than us and others finalize them after us. Ours is Wednesday at noon as stated in the rules and they will remain that way throughout 2007 as stated in our rules.

STATS will change any score provided by the NFL before noon on Wednesday and they will show up on your team pages. You can certainly alert us of those changes in advance if you'd like, but STATS already has this in place to handle the changes. But they have to come from the NFL and they have to come before Wednesday at noon.

Feel free to forward any further questions here or to me personally at [email protected].
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:14 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Now for the obvious question: Why the noon Wednesday deadline? Because in talking with STATS, they felt most scoring changes are made within a day after the games. Yes, Elias is notorious for a one-yard change here or there during the week, but we felt that we needed a deadline to finalize that week's scores and Wednesday afternoon was late enough after games and early enough for folks to know if they officially won or lost that week. Some contests finalize scores earlier than us and others finalize them after us. Ours is Wednesday at noon as stated in the rules and they will remain that way throughout 2007 as stated in our rules.
The single most important job of STATS is to get STATS correct, as in statistics. The NFL/Elias have been consistently announcing stat changes between Wednesdays and Fridays. The Wednesday Noon deadline is outdated and must be moved back in 2008. There is NOTHING worse than losing points (or even worse - a weekly matchup) because of an error in scoring.

[ October 08, 2007, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:13 am

My problem here isn't with STATS but with the NFL. This is a multi-billion dollar operation that can't spend the extra bucks to get the correct statistic out sooner. If I didn't know better I'd bet this was a slap in the face of the fantasy game and its players. Once again, we have a commissioner and 32 owners who don't give a rat's rump about the public that serves their wealth and egos.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:31 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
My problem here isn't with STATS but with the NFL. This is a multi-billion dollar operation that can't spend the extra bucks to get the correct statistic out sooner. If I didn't know better I'd bet this was a slap in the face of the fantasy game and its players. Once again, we have a commissioner and 32 owners who don't give a rat's rump about the public that serves their wealth and egos. Rick, I agree. How hard is it for Elias to go over the tape of each game one more time on Sunday and finalize the stats? Why should they find a 1-yard scoring change on Thursday? They don't do that for baseball, so why is it so tough for football? Every service finalizes the stats at some point and we chose Wednesday at noon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:53 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
My problem here isn't with STATS but with the NFL. This is a multi-billion dollar operation that can't spend the extra bucks to get the correct statistic out sooner. If I didn't know better I'd bet this was a slap in the face of the fantasy game and its players. Once again, we have a commissioner and 32 owners who don't give a rat's rump about the public that serves their wealth and egos. Rick, I agree. How hard is it for Elias to go over the tape of each game one more time on Sunday and finalize the stats? Why should they find a 1-yard scoring change on Thursday? They don't do that for baseball, so why is it so tough for football? Every service finalizes the stats at some point and we chose Wednesday at noon. [/QUOTE]Doesn't Stats have their own guys review the stats before they send them out?

I checked out about 10 national games and I only saw 2 that have it after Wednesday.

Even NFL site Fantasy game is Wednesday. LOL.

4D... not silly at all... guys change faab bids all the time based on Friday news. A change in a W or L on Friday is news, although your point is valid. I'm not saying EVERY faab would change. I was 2-2, 2nd in pts coming in this week. I did not bid on Crayton. If I'm 1-3, I'm making a bid for sure. And if I found out while I was out Friday afternoon that I went from 2-2 to 1-3, I would be pissed that I couldn't get a move in. And even worse, If I went from 1-3 to 2-2, I might want to reduce or retract a bid.

I brought this all up because I have seen many customers complain about moves processed and then a scoring change was made. Irate customers.

I'm all for getting it right ASAP, and Nag, it is the most important thing. I'm not for creating another set of problems that I've seen happen over the years.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:29 am

Doesn't Stats have their own guys review the stats before they send them out?Probably, but they aren't the ones reviewing film and changing the official NFL stats.

You can't rule out politics here, John, and yes, if anyone would have the updated stats on Wednesday it would be the NFL. You don't think because of the recent court defeat of their ownership of the stats that they wouldn't want to put the screws to the major fantasy games if they didn't think they were being compensated to their liking? Just a thought, but potentially very viable considering Greg's stature in the fantasy game. No guarantee STATS is getting the changes on Wednesday with these other "national" games.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:33 am

If stats are changed before kickoff the following week, they should be changed here.

Wednesday at Noon is the choice, that doesn't make it right. That just makes it your choice, it seems to me that if getting the points scored right is the idea, you would give it as much time as possible.

ANTSPORTS has more leagues than the NFFC, many many more. And they allow a Stats protest up until Noon the following Sunday.

This seems like an easy fix.

3'

[ October 08, 2007, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com ]

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:58 am

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
it seems to me that if getting the points scored right is the idea, you would give it as much time as possible.

3' Then why have a deadline at all?

Why not the last day of Week 17?

If the scores are suppose to be 100% correct, then none of you guys can advocate a deadline of any kind.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.