Free Agent Bidding Is Available

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:33 am

Okay, guys, a quick update. All FAAB moves should be processed in the next 10-15 minutes, so look for the winning bids here. I'm not sure if we'll be showing the runner-up bids or not, but let me know what you'd like to see and we'll hook up with STATS on that and get it right.

Yes, we apologize for having the FAAB deadline extended past what we had said. STATS admits that internally their clock was set 10 minutes after we had requested. Going forward you can trust that it will be EXACTLY at 4 p.m. EST each Friday. All moves made before FAAB was locked today are being accounted for.

Sorry for the confusion, but it's time for the winning bids to be announced. Good luck everyone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:35 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I'm not sure if we'll be showing the runner-up bids or not, but let me know what you'd like to see and we'll hook up with STATS on that and get it right. i'm all in favor of it. i like to see when i (or others) overbid by $100+. knowing you overbid by a significant margin is like getting a kick to your jimmy. please make it happen greg. Thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:36 am

I agree with Gordon 100%. If I were [certain unnamed message board poster], I'd agree 110%.

JB

Post by JB » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:37 am

Yep, it's fun to see what EVERYONE bid.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:40 am

Originally posted by JB:
Yep, it's fun to see what EVERYONE bid. JB, who did you get in the WCOFF?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:43 am

What you'll see today is the winning bids for each league and it will be part of Transaction History, I believe. I did not request to have STATS display every bid on every player in every league until now, but they say that is something they can provide us going forward. It probably won't happen today and I apologize, but I think in the next week or so we'll have the capability and you guys will be able to do your homework by watching other leagues and all of the bids.

Sorry for the delay, but it's my fault for not requesting that earlier. But I trust STATS will get that done soon enough.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

JB

Post by JB » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:48 am

Guy at #4 took Alexander so I had to take Deuce. Then I took Henry,Kevin Jones,Gonzalez, etc. Lost week 1 :(

You do realize that my team in the invitational was picked 100% by the computer right? My internet died in my hotel room and i wasn't going to spend .69/minute to draft from the business center. Anybody that loses to that putrid team should hang their head in shame...

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:53 am

Greg, I'm all for seeing the other bids when the results are posted, but.......................

the rules say....
"No team will be informed of any other team's free agent bids."
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:57 am

no way... I was out bid in LV2 for Gordon, 991-972
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

JB

Post by JB » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:01 am

I was outbid 999 to 818 in lv5.