Scoring Change - Packers Defense

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
it seems to me that if getting the points scored right is the idea, you would give it as much time as possible.

3' Then why have a deadline at all?

Why not the last day of Week 17?

If the scores are suppose to be 100% correct, then none of you guys can advocate a deadline of any kind.
[/QUOTE]If, say 65% of official scoring adjustments are made by Wed at noon, and 99% of official scoring adjustments are finalised by Friday at noon...wouldn't the added time for accuracy makes sense?

If you award Fitz a catch he never made, and do not award it to B. Johnson, and everything was known Fri, but not Wed...you cannot talk your way out of that.

You have an "FF competition owner" mentality, whereas we have a "FF competition player" mentality.

Correct statistics within reason is all that's desired. Correcting statistics anytime during the week following the games is reasonable.

I can see no higher priority this industry should have above the accuracy of the statistics we base the entire game around. Collusion being a close second.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:42 pm

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
it seems to me that if getting the points scored right is the idea, you would give it as much time as possible.

3' Then why have a deadline at all?

Why not the last day of Week 17?

If the scores are suppose to be 100% correct, then none of you guys can advocate a deadline of any kind.
[/QUOTE]Hi John,

You are taking it to the extreme using what I typed, the other extreme is having it as a Wednesday cutoff when that leaves 3 more full days before a game is played.
I think a legit change day/time is Sunday at noon EST.

JMO and it's being done somewhere else that is a good exampole.

3'

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:15 pm

I agree that a deadline may be necessary as it could impact FAAB, but Wednesday in my opinion as a customer is way too early. We had 2 4-0 teams in WCOFF in our league and when I checked today we now have 1 4-0 team and 1 3-1 team based on that measily 1 point for the extra GB sack. That could be a $7,000 sack and I think the extra 4 days allowed for the right stats to be processed is by no means too much to ask for. Not trying to make Greg and Tom out to be bad guys, but if as a customer I was asked for my opinion that would be mine.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:28 am

If you award Fitz a catch he never made, and do not award it to B. Johnson, and everything was known Fri, but not Wed...you cannot talk your way out of that.Why does it take until Wednesday to get this right? My point is the NFL should be getting these changes right before the end of the day of the game. If 60,000 people in the stands and God knows how many on TV saw Fitz make the catch, what game is the stat man watching? Once again, this is a multi-billion dollar business not taking care of its business. I don't want to go to bed Monday night a winner and find out Friday I'm a loser. That's bullsh*t and I don't care if it's right or not. There is absolutely NO REASON these changes can't be published by the NFL by noon Tuesday.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:11 am

I think it should be changed to noon Friday.
Hears why, WW go off Friday at 9:15 pm.
Give the NFL that extra two days to get things correct.
But Like someone pointed out why did it take the NFL so long to fix there mistake?
So I think Friday at noon. But anything Uncle Rico says should go. ;)

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:41 am

My vote for friday at noon
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:29 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
If, say 65% of official scoring adjustments are made by Wed at noon, and 99% of official scoring adjustments are finalised by Friday at noon...wouldn't the added time for accuracy makes sense?This is a great point, Lance.

I can appreciate that the rules for 2007 have been written and need to be enforced. I will hope that they get changed to a Friday noon deadline for next year. That would still allow for 8 hours to decide how much to bid, if it makes such a difference for some people.
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ