LAMAR GORDON

seeferman

LAMAR GORDON

Post by seeferman » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:53 pm

In leagues with 14 teams and 18 on a roster, what do you consider "good free agents"?

Seriously, with K's and D's going for pennies, who are you going to spend your money on?

I now have 5 starting RBs and 5 starting WRs (NNOY, that means RC), 2 QBs, 2 K's, and 2 D's.

Oh sweet, Carlos Zambrano just hit a big fly!

Shooey

LAMAR GORDON

Post by Shooey » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:07 pm

"... banking your season for FA $'s on an unproven runner behind a line that Ricky Williams could hardly run behind ?"

Well put ... I submitted a bid for Lamar but it was an uncomfortable $618 as I had my doubts that even Flash Gordon could run behind the 'Fins line ....

Skelmann

LAMAR GORDON

Post by Skelmann » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:12 pm

I was unconfortable bidding 800 plus for Gordon but i got him.I lost charles rodgers i had to make up for those points .He will be a good flex...I hope

Mike

JB

LAMAR GORDON

Post by JB » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:31 pm

I bid 818 and didn't get him...oh well...atleast I'll have foster for a game or two (hopefully more) to use as my flex.

mikeybok

LAMAR GORDON

Post by mikeybok » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:35 pm

Assuming Gordon is the main RB in Mia ... he will probably at least put up enough points to be a 3rd RB or even a second RB on bye weeks or due to an injury (some teams only have two RB's).

You got to wonder if someone really thinks 14 players will become available who have the potential to make a real difference for a team (i.e. add 4 points a week over a fourth WR or in case of injury ... average 13 points instead of 6 or even 13 over a zero).

With that said ... their might be 5 or 6 players all year that will become available to really help a team. Those of us who got Gordon will not be one of the teams deprived of one of those 4 or 5 possible difference makers that might become available latter on ... and we got him in for week 2.

I can't wait to see the backup who isn't already on a team ... who becomes available in week 10 that has a better upside then Gordon ... and has the potential to add 12 additional points a week to your totals (to catch up with Gordon’s possible benefit

I doubt anyone thinks he will be a top 10 back ... but he would probably go in the fourth or fifth round of the NFFC draft if it was held today ... would you have given up $990 for an extra pick in the 5th round of the draft?

Just a thought.
Hakuna Matata!

lichtman

LAMAR GORDON

Post by lichtman » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:47 pm

I would have given up that money for an extra 5th round pick, but I sure as heck wouldn't have taken Gordon with it.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

mikeybok

LAMAR GORDON

Post by mikeybok » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:58 pm

You might ... if you only had one RB at that point and he was the best available.
Hakuna Matata!

Jersey Dawg

LAMAR GORDON

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:09 pm

This discussion is amusing. If anyone thinks that a potential starting free agent running back is still sitting on the waiver wire then that "smart" owner should have added that player today for $1. I saw defenses go in my league for $150+ today and there were 14 available. Well, if you are going to bid $150 for one of fourteen available free agent defenses, then please explain to me why my $999 bid for one of one free agent RB's is madness....

I'm not expecting Gordon to compare to my primary RB (Priest Holmes). But, I do expect him to fill in on a bye week or fill my flex position. I lost Galloway and took a chance on Gordon.... Sue me...

Pete

seeferman

LAMAR GORDON

Post by seeferman » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:19 pm

You spent $999 on Gordon as a possible "fill in on a bye week"?

Me thinx ya gotta play dat guy ovuh Weetlee mostah de tyme.

Gordon Gekko

LAMAR GORDON

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:19 pm

$800+ for lamar gordon is a big gamble. $900+ is a bigger gamble. lunacy enters around $950. have fun.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?