***ALERT: Random Draft Slot Facts

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:31 pm

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
Billy,

You may have noticed that Liquid rubs me the wrong way. The observation about our week 10 matchup was to show him that HE has a problem, whichever of us wins that game.

Both my starting RBs have a bye that week...Droughns and Wheatley. I'll be starting 2 guys averaging 5 ppg. But if I get by week 10 only a game down, I'll still be in it. My average ppg will be much higher the last 3 weeks as I'll have 2 starting RBs. Honestly JP, I thought you and Liquid had a "fondness" for each other as per the "Kate & Halle is my daddy" posts.

Yes, that Week 10 matchup is big, but Tyrone Wheatley is hardly a key cog to your success. By Week 11, don't be surprised if Tatum Bell is carrying the ball moreas Shanahan is VERY fickle with his RB's when they aren't winning.

Your team is VERY much like Kate & Halle, as you have all those WR's who if they have a big game can out up monster points for you. However, WR's have a tendency to disappear (i.e Holt 1-4 against Miami), so it should be interesting.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:17 pm

Hey Liquid, looks like you were following some internet cheat sheet otherwise:

Why take Mcallister (11.6 ppg) when you could have had Shaun Alexander 21 ppg)?

Why take Chad Johnson (14.7 ppg) when you could have had Javon Walker (20.5 ppg)

Why take Hines Ward when you could have had Tiki Barber?

I'm really going to enjoy watching you fall out of the championship competition.

Funny thing is, you can't even root against me next week when I have my big guns on a bye. You need me to beat Pocket Aces for you. And if I beat them and you don't run the table, it just might be my team on top at the end. I'm really liking the bad odds you have to make the finals. Deuce got hurt...I don't have a crystal ball that forecasts injuries.

Chad Johnson will outperform Javon Walker when all is said and done.

As far Tiki, I hate the Giants, would rather take a Punter before one them. My loss.

My team is marginally average at best and I am 6-2. At this point I have a better record and more points than you and I beat you easily with two of my best guys on their bye weeks and you had everyone.

I even put my money where my mouth is when you asked how much I wanted to bet on our matchup.

So now I must ask you, show some respect to the guy you proclaim as "Daddy" and only speak when spoken to. Because we both know that your Screen name on this message forum should be purged.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:50 pm

Liquid,

I don't care if your team scores 20 points or 200 points, you have done nothing to earn respect.

Take some lessons from your partner on how to gain respect.

Tom, before you tell us to be nice, save the keystrokes.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:22 pm

Liquid,

I don't care if your team scores 20 points or 200 points, you have done nothing to earn respect.

Take some lessons from your partner on how to gain respect.

Tom, before you tell us to be nice, save the keystrokes. I beat you when you called me out. That demands respect.

This aint a popularity contest. This is a points contest. Let your points talk because all I hear from that mouth of yours is nonsense.

Now put the pink dress on and show everyone your rendition of "Tomorrow" from the broadway show "Annie"

[ November 04, 2004, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Liquid Empire ]

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:13 am

Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
Now put the pink dress on and show everyone your rendition of "Tomorrow" from the broadway show "Annie" Didn't Little Orphan Annie wear a red dress?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:43 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
Now put the pink dress on and show everyone your rendition of "Tomorrow" from the broadway show "Annie" Didn't Little Orphan Annie wear a red dress? [/QUOTE]Yes, she did, but don't worry about those minor details while these two are having a "cat fight"! :D

FFMadMan

Post by FFMadMan » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:53 pm

Draft slot bias can and does occur, but in the end, late round breaks ( i.e. Culpepper, Barber, etc.) also occur. I'm not sure that new draft techniques would equal the playing field. Maybe one year, but what about next year? Whose to say that the Holmes owner would not have had Barber and J. Walker anyway? They might be even more powerful. Whoever gets Holmes, no matter what the draft scheme, has a break. If Holmes gets hurt, then the owner is even more screwed than the rest of us. It takes many breaks(or lack thereof in the case of bones)to win this thing. The #1 draft slot is just one of those breaks. If the number #1 pick doesn't produce or is hurt - their owner's game is DEFINTELY over. I haven't been to the boards in a while because of all this crap (it is tiring) but I guess I'm beginning to favor bidding for slots just to end all this. It's a waste of time.

FFMadMan

Post by FFMadMan » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:07 pm

Also, maybe I'm "old fashioned" at the ripe old age of 34, but I can't imagine an FF league with teams only having to start 1 RB.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:30 pm

Originally posted by FFMadMan:
Also, maybe I'm "old fashioned" at the ripe old age of 34, but I can't imagine an FF league with teams only having to start 1 RB. Is that true? You can't even imagine it? You really invalidate your point and sound kinda stupid when you say things like this. As if having 1 RB is beyond a human's ability to imagine...

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:17 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
quote:Originally posted by FFMadMan:
Also, maybe I'm "old fashioned" at the ripe old age of 34, but I can't imagine an FF league with teams only having to start 1 RB. Is that blah? Blah bla'h blub blublah blah? blu-blu-blah blah blah ba blubluh blah blah blublah blu blahblahblah blublah blah bubble blah...

Dyv
[/QUOTE]My DYV Filter is kicking in.