LAMAR GORDON

Gordon Gekko

LAMAR GORDON

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:13 pm

Originally posted by Liquid:
BTW- remember in "Wall Street" when Gekko tells Bud Fox, "Tell me something I don't know."

This applies here pal, if you are not on the inside...then you're on the outside looking in....
I guess you're on the inside. Sorry, can't compete with that. You shouldn't have any excuses now. Thanks for pointing this out.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

TradeStar28

LAMAR GORDON

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:15 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Liquid:
BTW- remember in "Wall Street" when Gekko tells Bud Fox, "Tell me something I don't know."

This applies here pal, if you are not on the inside...then you're on the outside looking in....
I guess you're on the inside. Sorry, can't compete with that. You shouldn't have any excuses now. Thanks for pointing this out.
[/QUOTE]The point is ladies and gentlemen that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of it's forms - greed for life, for money, knowledge - has marked the upward surge of mankind and greed - you mark my words - will not only save Teldar Paper but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA. Thank you.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Gordon Gekko

LAMAR GORDON

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:20 pm

The point is ladies and gentlemen that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of it's forms - greed for life, for money, knowledge - has marked the upward surge of mankind what about greed for below average free agents?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

TradeStar28

LAMAR GORDON

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:22 pm

The point is ladies and gentlemen that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of it's forms - greed for life, for money, knowledge - has marked the upward surge of mankind what about greed for below average free agents? [/QUOTE]You tell me pal :rolleyes:

JB

LAMAR GORDON

Post by JB » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:33 pm

Jersey Dawg...my point was why 999 or 1000? Why not 993 so you could atleast have 7 more transactions. Did you really believe someone was going to bid 992? Whether or not Gordon pans out, I think you fvcked up by not leaving yourself a few dollars but that's just my opinion, i could be wrong.

JB

LAMAR GORDON

Post by JB » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:36 pm

LOL! You crack me up Gekko. :D

Greed is good, greed is great, long live Bill Gates!! WTF?? :rolleyes:

The point is ladies and gentlemen that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of it's forms - greed for life, for money, knowledge - has marked the upward surge of mankind what about greed for below average free agents? [/QUOTE]

TradeStar28

LAMAR GORDON

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:44 pm

Originally posted by JB:
Jersey Dawg...my point was why 999 or 1000? Why not 993 so you could atleast have 7 more transactions. Did you really believe someone was going to bid 992? Whether or not Gordon pans out, I think you fvcked up by not leaving yourself a few dollars but that's just my opinion, i could be wrong. In my experience...Jersey Dawg could have made a big mistake by bidding 999 if any of his QB's get hurt down the road or even benched...I have no clue who his QB's are...but with 14 team divisions...his league can play Defense and snatch up all of the QB's if he needs one....

This is all hypothetical ofcourse

Appleman

LAMAR GORDON

Post by Appleman » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:09 pm

KoQ: You scored 141.55 this week , not over 145.

I won my game this week and scored over 145 points this week despite getting ZERO points from my TE (Stevens) and K (Nedney) positions.

kjduke

LAMAR GORDON

Post by kjduke » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:21 pm

The point is ladies and gentlemen that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of it's forms - greed for life, for money, knowledge - has marked the upward surge of mankind and greed - you mark my words - will not only save Teldar Paper but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA. Thank you. Of course, this quote was taken before the movie Gekko went to jail, and was based on the real-life Michael Milken, who also went to jail.

Andrew Fastow (enron, in jail) and Martha Stewart also seemed to live by this credo. And I recall sitting in a meeting with Bernie Ebbers (worldcom, perhaps heading for jail) while he was spewing similar content.

[ September 18, 2004, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

King of Queens

LAMAR GORDON

Post by King of Queens » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:24 am

Originally posted by Appleman:
KoQ: You scored 141.55 this week , not over 145.

I won my game this week and scored over 145 points this week despite getting ZERO points from my TE (Stevens) and K (Nedney) positions. Damn you, Appleman. Damn you to hell.