**Slow auction bidding thread**

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:23 am

Now that everybody is all nicey nice again, let me see if I can get us back to a little mouthiness.

Just for purposes of this league, I'll be really happy to see Boldin get traded. I just read Arizona lowered their demands, which to me shows it is a virtual LOCK that Boldin gets traded. I bought Fitz and Breaston the first week in the DC assuming that he would indeed get traded.

So, IMO, I will have 3 stud WR's in Fitz, Calvin & Breaston. I'll be VERY interested to see how this plays out in a DC league, because I know some of you believe you have this DC thing figured out because of point calculations, history with DC, etc.

I have my suspicions how studs v. depth will play out, but this is the chance for all you depth-of-position believers to prove your vast DC acumen against me, the DC auction rookie.

Of course, my position would be better if I actually had one starting RB who was not a fatass.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:37 am

Of course, my position would be better if I actually had one starting RB who was not a fatass. [/QB]Now that's funny!!!

June 26th DC last year here are my WR's.

Laveranues Coles
Hines Ward
Chris Chambers
Ted Ginn Jr.
Amani Toomer
Terry Glenn
Patrick Crayton
Reggie Williams
Ike Hilliard

2595.6 points scored - 2nd place. Where are the stud receivers?

The winner of the Chicago $650 DC last year scored 2442.

I can only speak to what I've seen happen in the past. The standard deviation in the weekly scoring at WR is just a lot greater than other positions.

Wayne

[ April 24, 2009, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Coltsfan ]

spook

Post by spook » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:04 am

wells coles ward and ginn arent necesarily studs but they had many good weeks and chambers filled in for ginns bad weeks nicely.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:20 am

Originally posted by spook:
wells coles ward and ginn arent necesarily studs but they had many good weeks and chambers filled in for ginns bad weeks nicely. They weren't all duds but I didn't have anybody consistently being selected in the top 4 rounds last year.

Spook - on your team you have one heck of a starting lineup! You just need to hit on a few of the $2-$3 players to have a very competitive team. Edge is one of th ose $3 players with very nice upside. All it takes is a couple of them to have a great team. I think the Gonzo trade really helps your team.

Wayne

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:00 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
Now that everybody is all nicey nice again, let me see if I can get us back to a little mouthiness.

Just for purposes of this league, I'll be really happy to see Boldin get traded. I just read Arizona lowered their demands, which to me shows it is a virtual LOCK that Boldin gets traded. I bought Fitz and Breaston the first week in the DC assuming that he would indeed get traded.

So, IMO, I will have 3 stud WR's in Fitz, Calvin & Breaston. I'll be VERY interested to see how this plays out in a DC league, because I know some of you believe you have this DC thing figured out because of point calculations, history with DC, etc.

I have my suspicions how studs v. depth will play out, but this is the chance for all you depth-of-position believers to prove your vast DC acumen against me, the DC auction rookie.

Of course, my position would be better if I actually had one starting RB who was not a fatass. I know how it plays out on average, but 'on average' ain't nothing more than a calculation. The average plays out over every combination of studs and duds. It's interesting to watch a season play out but we put way too much into whether a single outcome proves anything.

As far as the nicey nice stuff, I am not going to start being all mushy but I thought I just ought to try to stop being a jerk to Spook.

That being said, if I thought I had an advantage going in I squandered it on a couple early mistakes - one too many stud RB's and a $5 kicker. Now I just have to sit and watch as the bargains fall. :eek:
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Roger

Post by Roger » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:25 am

I like Boustrous' team at this point despite the bad break with Cutler. Great group of starting WR"s and may have enough money left to get some depth and a competent RB corp.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:45 am

i'm gonna try to roll with seven 1 dollar running backs.

Roger

Post by Roger » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:54 am

You'll have more money that. But without getting into the defense debate, you were smart to get the 2nd defense even if it was St. Louis.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:39 pm

no i think we should have the defense debate again.

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Originally posted by boutrous11:
no i think we should have the defense debate again. If you insist. I was first (admittedly lucky) in the league that Wayne referred to earlier.

The bottom ten teams had two D's each.
The top 4 had 4, 3, 2 (incl BAL), and 3.

[ April 24, 2009, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Bob Squad ]
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)