Cutline Waiver Question

Jersey Dawg

Cutline Waiver Question

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:41 pm

I see the Denver/Blt players are "locked". Any reason for that but the other players that went yesterday are not?

Jersey Dawg

Re: Cutline Waiver Question

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:15 am

Never mind, I see what happened. It looks like since waivers are only allowed on Friday in the cutline, the system locked out Thursday players. However, it was not smart enough to realize last Thursday's players were allowed until this week's games were over. Today the players from last Thursday's Blt/Denver game are "unlocked" and the players from week 2's Thursday game are "locked" (Jets/Pats).

Answered my own question. Nice job Pete.

Pete

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:55 am

Since there is no wednesday faab in the cutline, thursday players should not be locked ... before or after the game.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:33 am

Duke, I believe even in the other contests, Thursday players are "locked" for Friday waivers. I suppose that is so someone does not pick up a Thursday player on Friday and put them in his lineup.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:45 am

Jersey Dawg wrote:Duke, I believe even in the other contests, Thursday players are "locked" for Friday waivers. I suppose that is so someone does not pick up a Thursday player on Friday and put them in his lineup.
The other contests lock those players because there is a Wednesday waiver period. Cutline doesn't do Wednesday, so they should not be locked in the cutline. Friday adds of Thursday players should be locked onto your bench for the first period after pickup.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:17 am

I am doing this by memory, so forgive me if I am wrong. But, I think last year we could not pick up Thursday players on Friday. I suppose that is why they are locked now in the cutline.

That said, I see a potential problem.... When I go to add a player in the cutline leagues, my entire roster does not come up as available players to drop. I can't drop anyone playing Thursday, even if they are not in my active roster. That means I have a limited number of players to choose from on Friday. If for example I drafted Goodson and for some reason no longer wish to carry him, he is not available to drop (until week 6), because his team is playing Thursday. Ouch.