Total signups

JB

Total signups

Post by JB » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:03 pm

Greg,

How many people are signed up so far at each location?

Can we get a tally for the draftmasters and auction leagues as well? Thanks!! :cool:

JerseyPaul

Total signups

Post by JerseyPaul » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:03 am

JB, don't be upset if you don't get a straight answer to that question. It's really better for the event organizers to not disclose that detail until close to deadline time.

The real question is one I asked a few weeks ago. That question was...will the event go forward even if you are far from your target numbers? The answer was an unequivocal "yes". Greg and KP have too much at stake in this fledgling high stakes fantasy business to do anything to disappoint.

This is an interesting business. The cost of entry is very, very low (like many internet businesses). We can see that in the proliferation of events this year. Just like that internet craze, there will be a major consolidation. The winners will be the ones with the best value, the best service and the most trusted names.

Greg Ambrosius

Total signups

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:36 am

JB, I wasn't avoiding the question. I've been open about welcoming everyone who pays $1,250 to compete and it's obvious we've had 10-15 signups per week during the month of June. We seem to get 1-2 each day and those are official signups, not inquiries. All three cities are drawing well as Chicago has come on strong of late, but honestly we're a long way from filling up, which isn't unexpected.

I would love to get 2 Draft Masters and 2 Auction Leagues in each city and we'll do our best to reach those goals. I think you'll see those numbers increase as we get closer to the deadline as guys may decide to add on one more contest at $600 after they've committed to the NFFC. We haven't filled any of them in any city yet, but I like the interest.

Trust me, we are going forward. The interest is there and we proved in baseball that we'll do the right thing. I would be surprised if every advertised high stakes contest continues, but you never know. I'm too busy trying to promote my own event to worry about anyone else and as JerseyPaul said, those of us who treat the customers right, who promote this right and who create a first-rate contest will survive. We have every intention of being in that group.

We're still giving out autographed photos for the first 100 official signups if that tells you anything, but unofficially we have many more who I've talked to personally who will sign up as we get closer to the deadline. It's just the nature of the beast and it's everyone's way of making sure my blood pressure remains high!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius