Tiebreakers

Gordon Gekko

Tiebreakers

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:16 am

Greg,
Show us some love on the NFBC board. I posted a question about the bidding process a few days ago. It appears many of us feel it needs to be "tweaked" (if at all possible). Thanks.

[ July 20, 2004, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

Tiebreakers

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:53 am

Have no fear, Gordon, I'm keeping up with both boards and still finding time to play a round of golf on Monday. Your suggestions on the NFBC boards are valid and have been forwarded to STATS. Hopefully they can implement them for the NFFC and make the free agent bidding process as easy as possible.

That being said, we are going to have the NFFC game site done in two weeks or so. We'll give all NFFC signups their IDs and passwords then and everyone will have a chance to test drive the site. As everyone on our baseball site knows, we will update and improve anything that is feasible, so feel free to provide suggestions. But the football game site will be very similar to our baseball site. And Gordon, we will get the FAAB bidding simpler if possible.

But I'm doing both jobs and still covering for Tom Kessenich, who needed a vacation this week. His destination? Las Vegas, of course.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Tiebreakers

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:05 am

I apologize for not being more thorough here, but No. 15 has been added to the NFFC Rules, the Auction League Rules and the Draft Masters Rules. Tiebreakers will be determined this way:

15. Tie-breaker procedures. If after 13 regular season games, teams are tied for first place, second place or third place, the following tiebreakers will be used in this order:

a. Total points through 13 weeks
b. Head-to-head won/lost record (if three or more teams, it's cumulative wins against those common opponents)
c. Highest point total from Week 13
d. Highest point total from Week 12
e. Highest point total from Week 11
f. Coin toss

This procedure is for determining the head-to-head champion and the league total points leader.

In the post-season, should any teams finish in a tie for prize money, the money would be split among those teams. In the unlikely event that teams are tied with the exact same point total during the playoffs for the NFFC title, the prize money for first and second place would be added together and split evenly. The same is true if teams tied for third place or fourth place or any of the other money spots, including the consolation round.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius