Gordon Gekko

LAMAR GORDON

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:00 pm

Revised Lamar Gordon Case File
1) Games played in 2002 = 13
2) Games played in 2003 = 10
3) Total TD's in 2002 & 2003 = 4
4) Lifetime 3.8 YPC
5) Gekko only bid $175 on him and missed out. Hope he breaks a leg.

[ September 17, 2004, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Shooey

LAMAR GORDON

Post by Shooey » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:13 pm

Fair assessment KoQ ... but on the other side of the Lamar Gordon coin:

(1) Injury-prone
(2) Fumbler
(3) 3.9 yd/carry avg in Greatest Show on Turf
(4) Weak O-Line
(5) Musical QB's
(6) Doesn't know the offense
(7) Has a coach who doesn't know the offense

Jersey Dawg

LAMAR GORDON

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:47 pm

King of Queens - Thanks for defending the moves some of us made in acquiring Gordon today.

I revised my bid on Gordon about 10 times this week. Each time moving the bid higher. I examined the waiver wire 2 or 3 dozen times. The review process kept me moving the bid higher. I was "sure" someone would bid over $990 somewhere and I didn't want it to cost me the opportunity.

Every win is hard to get. I am facing a team this week that is forced to start Toefield at RB2. If any team in my league needed to outbid me it was him (Moe Williams and Travis Minor are OUT). Knowing that I finally posted a bid of $999.

I agree that he is a decent flex player. For me he might be a better RB2 as Wheatley is not cutting it right now and has another hard game this week. Gordon has good hands and will get rushing and receiving yards. I need him more than the $1000 free agent bucks sitting in my account for the "possible" guy who "might" emerge later this season.

In my opinion, if there is a better week than the FIRST week of FAB to make an acquisition then maybe I'm missing something.

Best of luck to the teams that missed out on Gordon. Maybe they are right and another starting RB that hasn't yet been drafted or picked up will emerge for them.

Pete

King of Queens

LAMAR GORDON

Post by King of Queens » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:57 pm

If Lamar Gordon is not the most valuable free agent pickup of the season, I will guarantee you this:

No other single free agent pickup will generate 5 pages (and counting!) of discussion.

JB

LAMAR GORDON

Post by JB » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:02 pm

I personally don't like the idea of only having $1 left to spend on FAs. Even if you have backups at TE/K/DEF, it totally cripples you if you have any injuries and/or duds. There are always guys out there that can produce (if only for a week) and you need FA money to pick them up. Last year, for example, in the WCOFF I picked up Arlen Harris for $1 and started him when he was named the starter for that week. It gave me a win. Also, DD was bid for 250 and Brian Westbrook for 150 in week 4 I believe. Some sly person picked up Rudi Johnson for $2. Every year there are guys that come out of nowhere.

It could just be something as simple as your TE is on bye and your backup TE is hurt, you could have picked up a TE that would have scored 5 points but instead you get 0 and lose by 4. It has happened and will happen again...but good luck on your 999 strategy.

TamuScarecrow

LAMAR GORDON

Post by TamuScarecrow » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:32 pm

I agree mostly with K of Q's assessment that the guys who spent megabucks on a risky proposition probably did so because of draft deficiencies. The guy who got him in LV #3 for $971 has the following rb's:
Julius Jones - DAL
Willis McGahee - BUF
Michael Bennett - MIN
Mewelde Moore - MIN
Josh Scobey - ARI
Lamar Gordon - swapped out for Adrian Peterson

This was a case of having the 14th pick and taking Culpepper and Harrison instead of one of these two and a good starting rb. If one of the starters he has covered goes down in a hurry and Gordon pans out, his draft and Gordon gambles paid off. If they don't, he'll be rooting for a better draft position next year.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Jersey Dawg

LAMAR GORDON

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:39 pm

JB - I understand your point. BUT, this is not WCOFF. We have 14 teams needing to start 2 RB's and a flex. I don't see getting an Arlen Harris type in a 14 team league for $1 when he's named a starter, even if it's for a week. Do your own DD and determine what "hidden" gem we are all overlooking now and get him for that $1 while it lasts. This 14 team league thing is a new concept and I think getting a starting RB off waivers that you can plug in your lineup week 2 of the season beats any hypothetical $1 move down the road. I like the "bird in the hand" theory; although I enjoy one in the "bush" too.

Pete :eek:

TradeStar28

LAMAR GORDON

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:44 pm

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
JB - I understand your point. BUT, this is not WCOFF. We have 14 teams needing to start 2 RB's and a flex. I don't see getting an Arlen Harris type in a 14 team league for $1 when he's named a starter, even if it's for a week. Do your own DD and determine what "hidden" gem we are all overlooking now and get him for that $1 while it lasts. This 14 team league thing is a new concept and I think getting a starting RB off waivers that you can plug in your lineup week 2 of the season beats any hypothetical $1 move down the road. I like the "bird in the hand" theory; although I enjoy one in the "bush" too.

Pete :eek: The one in the "bush" for 2004 will be ReShard Lee, who we got for $123.

I am going out on a limb to say that he will be the 2004 fantasy football version of 2003 Domanick Davis.

Our "inside sources" at the Dallas Cowboys camp have given us insight that Mr. Lee will be the Cowboys #1 RB for the rest of this season. :D

Congrats to all owners who "stole" him in waivers.

For the Lamar Gordon new owners, I have put on Elton John's "Funeral for a Friend" for you folks. :(
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Gordon Gekko

LAMAR GORDON

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:59 pm

Originally posted by Liquid:
The one in the "bush" for 2004 will be ReShard Lee, who we got for $123.

I am going out on a limb to say that he will be the 2004 fantasy football version of 2003 Domanick Davis.
so he's your 2nd. ha!! and you wasted good money too. sorry bout that.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

TradeStar28

LAMAR GORDON

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:06 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Liquid:
The one in the "bush" for 2004 will be ReShard Lee, who we got for $123.

so he's your 2nd. ha!! and you wasted good money too. sorry bout that.
[/QUOTE]Yes, you will be very sorry ;)

Keep running to fantasy guru for your info and you will be writing off your league fees for tax year 2004.

BTW- remember in "Wall Street" when Gekko tells Bud Fox, "Tell me something I don't know."

This applies here pal, if you are not on the inside...then you're on the outside looking in....

Gek...where do you wanna be?

:cool:
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again