Tom/Greg - Website Requests

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:24 am

Originally posted by nnoy:
Per the rules:

“The free agent system will be a ‘blind bidding’ process for each individual league.”

My interpretation of “blind bidding” is that you do NOT see other’s bids, both before and after the fact. The national precedent I have to point to is the NFBC, where in fact this assumption holds true.

My position is that per the rules losing bids cannot be disclosed. okay. per the rules, winning bids should not be disclosed either. :rolleyes:

you are wrong again, nnoy. you do see the winning NFBC owner's bids. your precedent is wrong!

makes no sense. i guess my high school education is at least equivalent to others "higher education". let's see the winning bids and the top losing bid (if there is one). that way owners won't give away their "strategy", plus you can give owners a reference point for future bidding. thanks.

[ September 22, 2004, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:57 am

If everyone can see everyone elses bids, how does that give anyone an edge?

I don't understand Dyv's Freddy Guzman point. If people see that you bid on him, you either got him or someone else did. So what would it matter if people knew you really liked him? I don't think Liquid is suggesting that bids for players who end up not taken are revealed.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:55 pm

Originally posted by John:
Liquid,

To suggest that one is not even remotely "close to your rationale" sounds like yours is the superior. I don't know if it is or isn't and it doesn't matter. As Dave so eloquantly said it, "Information can be used in many ways".

The only reason, as Dave suggests, that you prefer to see the losing bids is to get an edge on the other players in your league - something that I suggested you can do without knowing what the losing bids were.

I'm not going to get into a war of words with you. I'll keep an eye on your team and we'll talk again.

John John, I only reacted to your comments that made me out to be "inferior" in your eyes.

The only superior philosphy will be the team that wins 100 large!
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:59 pm

Originally posted by Ico Jones:
If everyone can see everyone elses bids, how does that give anyone an edge?

I don't understand Dyv's Freddy Guzman point. If people see that you bid on him, you either got him or someone else did. So what would it matter if people knew you really liked him? I don't think Liquid is suggesting that bids for players who end up not taken are revealed. Quite the contrary partner...

I wanna see all winning bids and everyone's conditional bids that were not activated due to a winning bid as well as everyones losing bids.

This league will be won with a large amount of help from studying the actually waiver wire. Once the draft was over, thats it...you have your players and the waiver wire...

Remember there are no trades !

BTW, I probably can predict almost exactly what everyone will do in this weeks Waiver Wire in league NY6. If I get conditional bid information as well as losing bid info...My precise analysis will be closer to 94.48% accurate.

:D
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

johnbriganti

Post by johnbriganti » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:15 pm

Liquid,

It's all good, sometimes it's hard to hear tone on a message board. I'm not sure how superior the team that wins the 100k will be, but I'm sure there is going to be a certain amount of luck involved.

The only point I was trying to make was if all the bids are reveled then everyone else knows (for sure) where each owner thinks his team's weakness is and I wouldn't put it past many an owner competing for 100k to overbid on a FA that he knows a team in his own league needs just so he doesn't get him.

If an owner figures it out (by looking at the rosters) that's a different thing and then I say "hats off" to the owner that did.

But revealing the losing bids, not so much the bid, as much as the position being sought, makes it just too easy.

Thoughts - anyone?

John

John [/qb][/QUOTE]John, I only reacted to your comments that made me out to be "inferior" in your eyes.

The only superior philosphy will be the team that wins 100 large! [/QB][/QUOTE]
Johnny Football

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:55 pm

two requests ...

1) under team stats - please add an option that says "all teams", so we don't have to click 14 times to see all 14 teams stats

2) under "set lineup" - add an option for "all teams" such that we can see everyone's starting lineup with similar info that shows which NFL team each of our opponent's players will be facing for the week. It would also be nice to have a tab to see this by week, both backward and forward.

eagle5

Post by eagle5 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:18 am

What happens when game cancelled? Players r null and void. What do we do?

DIESEL02

Post by DIESEL02 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:55 am

Liquid I see your point, knowledge is power....and to get a read on others free agent bids will definitely help some owners as whether they are overbidding or underbidding...however I prefer to leave the free agent bidding as is...it's like playing poker...you don't have to turn over your cards if another guy folds..I think you can get a read on owners just fine by the way the winning bids are going..and I also think it leads to overbidding....the more money spent the better for me....just in my opinion...

[ September 26, 2004, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: DIESEL02 ]
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"-"Fortune favors the brave"