Chicago Auction League Playoffs

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:22 pm

Tom,

As you know the Chicago auction league is a 12 team league. There was discussion and I beleive a decission as to how the League playoffs would be handled with the decrease in number of teams. Could you Confirm what the rules are for our league wild card teams (and number of playoff teams). I thought it was a 14 week season with 2 weeks of playoffs (4 teams). If this is so ... how are the 2 second place finishers selected? Will it be based on 2nd place in each division or the best two records after the division winners are selected or total points after the division winners or most points in each league after the division winners or do we still have 6 teams in the playoffs after week 13?

I would be nice to see the adjusted rules in writing (if they are different) before week 13.

Thanks
Hakuna Matata!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:50 am

With 12 teams in the Chicago Auction League, we all agreed to play 14 weeks and have four playoff teams. The two divisional head-to-head winners advance to the playoffs and have the top two seeds, with the next two highest point totals advancing to the playoffs regardless of division. So it's possible that three teams could make the playoffs from the same division, no different than the 14-team leagues where it could be 4 and 2 or 3 and 3. The No. 1 seed will play the No. 4 seed and the No. 2 seed will play the No. 3 seed, with the winners playing for the title in Week 16 and the losers playing for the third place prize.

The payout is as follows:
1st Place: $4,000
2nd Place: $1,300
3rd Place: $550

My fault for not spelling this out after the draft. Good luck everyone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:56 am

Thank's for the post ... just wanted to see it in print somewhere incase there are questions later. I also wasn't sure about how teams 3 and 4 were selected.
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:43 am

Greg,

FYI, League schedule is set up for 13 weeks. You may want to have Stat's address this before their software kicks our league into playoffs week 14. Just a heads up.
Hakuna Matata!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:08 pm

Yes, they were notified this morning about this Auction League, so I expect that to be changed soon. I actually didn't inform them of this before today, so thanks for the reminder. You saved me a headache that would have arrived four weeks from now!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius