Greg: Switch Westbrook out

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:12 pm

Greg,
I believe this year we are supposed to have the capabilities of switching our "flex" slot to any WR, RB, or TE, as long as we field an active lineup.

In the NFFC 3-City Satellite League, I'm trying to bench westbrook and use Baskett as my flex. STATS won't let me. it says "You tried to submit an invalid lineup - it was not saved."

if my assumption is correct about the flex rule change, please make the change to my lineup tomorrow. thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:15 pm

Don't worry, GG. With Westbrook inactive, he and Baskett will now score about the same anyway.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:19 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Don't worry, GG. With Westbrook inactive, he and Baskett will now score about the same anyway. perhaps, but i'd like to at least have a chance at getting more points. see i don't give up!!! :D

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:30 pm

If that is so Greg, I too would like to switch Greg Jennings with Brian Westbrook in the magazine league, and move Maroney to my flex.

I don't know if it is possible, but I figure why not give a shot.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:33 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
If that is so Greg, I too would like to switch Greg Jennings with Brian Westbrook in the magazine league, and move Maroney to my flex.

I don't know if it is possible, but I figure why not give a shot. billy, i think you needed to make the post 5 minutes before the start of the game. that woulda been at 8:25. your post is time stamped 8:30. lineups were locked a few minutes ago

[ October 02, 2006, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:36 pm

Maybe so, but I don't think we can do it anyhow. I know Greg talked about it, but if we were able, I think we could do it "by ourselves".

Andy Reid is turning into the new Mike Shanahan with his "secretive" tactics before the game! First Stallworth, and now this. :mad:

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:45 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius: posted October 25, 2005 12:01 PM
I've talked with STATS and we can definitely change that function in the future, but it's best to do that starting in 2006 not during this season. I will ask them to make that more flexible next season, but going forward everyone should realize that they have more game management leverage by leaving the Flex position open as long as possible with suspect players (i.e. injured or questionable starters).

[ October 02, 2006, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:10 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote: Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius: posted October 25, 2005 12:01 PM
I've talked with STATS and we can definitely change that function in the future, but it's best to do that starting in 2006 not during this season. I will ask them to make that more flexible next season, but going forward everyone should realize that they have more game management leverage by leaving the Flex position open as long as possible with suspect players (i.e. injured or questionable starters).
[/QUOTE]Seeing that is the last we heard of it (nothing this offseason, in the rules, etc.) I am assuming that we both (among many others) are just going to have to go with the "lesson learned" route, and put ALL Philly players who are even probable in as our flex players from now on.

Andy Reid is a dicK! :D

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:40 pm

I understand what you are saying about the rule GG, but just in case, to cover your butt, why didn't you have West in the flex and Morris as RB1? I have West on my main team and did this just in case he didn't play. I was then able to put either KRob or Buckhalter in my flex position, instead of being limited to just Buckhalter. I know the rule change was talked about, but didn't think it was ever implemented.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:21 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
I understand what you are saying about the rule GG, but just in case, to cover your butt, why didn't you have West in the flex and Morris as RB1? I have West on my main team and did this just in case he didn't play. I was then able to put either KRob or Buckhalter in my flex position, instead of being limited to just Buckhalter. I know the rule change was talked about, but didn't think it was ever implemented. i thought this rule passed with flying colors, which is why i didn't think i had to have westbrook as my flex. i didn't research many threads but did find the post above. ANOTHER REASON WHY THERE NEEDED TO BE A LINK ON THE WEBSITE THAT CONTAINED ALL 2006 RULE CHANGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

[ October 02, 2006, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]