Why have head to head games if its total points for playoffs?

jnunes22

Post by jnunes22 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:09 am

Well, thought I would try out this NFFC, it will be my last year. I don't like the format and its pretty much boring in the satellite leagues, no one chats etc.

In my satellite league "2" 10-3 record teams *which ties for the best record with one other team) don't make the playoffs, but a 5-8 team does since it has more total points.

what a croc!!
If its going to be total points then make it total points, why the head to head farce?

On a parting note, I do like the folks that run this, they were very helpful during the start up process, and its a well run FF site.

Kudos

[ December 05, 2006, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Jack ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:20 am

Read the rules before you sign up.

Go to myspace if you want to chat
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

jnunes22

Post by jnunes22 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:23 am

I knew the rules, don't mean I agree with them lol.

As for go to myspace if I like to chat!

You make my point, thanks!!

[ December 05, 2006, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Jack ]

Quick 6

Post by Quick 6 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:30 am

Member #525 makes more sense than Member #5.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:33 am

Sounds like sour grapes. Why did you sign up for a league if you didn't agree with the rules? Also, what satellite league was it
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:16 pm

Originally posted by Jack:
Well, thought I would try out this NFFC, it will be my last year. I don't like the format and its pretty much boring in the satellite leagues, no one chats etc.

In my satellite league "2" 10-3 record teams *which ties for the best record with one other team) don't make the playoffs, but a 5-8 team does since it has more total points.

what a croc!!
If its going to be total points then make it total points, why the head to head farce?

On a parting note, I do like the folks that run this, they were very helpful during the start up process, and its a well run FF site.

Kudos Someone called me today to talk about our format, saying I give too much emphasis to total points. I told him that I usually take heat from our participants that I give too much emphasis to head to head records, so sometimes you can't win. The guys who are 10-3 with 200 fewer total points than the teams with a 7-6 record usually complain about our rules, but honestly we try to balance the h2h winners with the total point people because you need to reward both. But when you're getting to the fourth and fifth playoff spots, it's hard to say that total points shouldn't play a factor there ahead of h2h record.

No problem about trying us out and moving on. That's what the satellite leagues are for, to try our 14-team format and maybe make some money along the way. If you want good banter, join us at the live drafts as those folks get to know each other at the live drafts and carry on good chatter online afterwards. Otherwise, thanks for the experience and best of luck in all the other contests you enter in 2007. We'll still be here if you ever want to try us again.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:41 pm

......... Greg , since it is a 4 team playoff, what about making it the 2 top records with the 2 top points leaders after that..?
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:59 pm

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
......... Greg , since it is a 4 team playoff, what about making it the 2 top records with the 2 top points leaders after that..? That's definitely a possibility worth considering for 2007.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

jnunes22

Post by jnunes22 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:14 pm

As you see this year, I would expect whoever drafted L.T is running away in their respective leagues. Head to Head records give all teams a fair shake. In one of my true points satellite leagues I drafted 9th I believe and am in second place, of course this league has been over for the past 4 weeks, due to the number 1 team having L.T.

I think I stick to h2h leagues, if you dont get a top producer or to many injured players along the way, your season is over in a total points league.

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:18 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
......... Greg , since it is a 4 team playoff, what about making it the 2 top records with the 2 top points leaders after that..? That's definitely a possibility worth considering for 2007. [/QUOTE]................................................................. Thats why Your League is the Best, Thanks Greg...!
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower