Scoring Change - Packers Defense

Superpion

Post by Superpion » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:25 pm

What was originally ruled as a Holcomb run was reviewed by the NFL and changed to a KGB sack. By clicking on the Green Bay Packers DEF on NFFC and reviewing their season stats, it reflects 5 sacks for week 4 but the rest of the STATS feed on NFFC for week 4 doesn't include the 1 pt in the standings or in the SCORES - LEAGUE tab.

Is this still in the process of being updated? Thank you.
"We see you've been missing a lot of work lately".

"I wouldnt say I've been missing it Bob". ---OFFICE SPACE

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:07 am

All NFFC scoring is subject to changes after games are played, but all NFFC scoring is finalized by noon EST each Wednesday for that week's games.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Superpion

Post by Superpion » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:41 am

I thought there was some type of rule to that effect. I tried looking for that clause in the rules and I couldn't locate it....After reading GG's post, I went back into the rules and still couldn't locate it....

Assuming that 12pm Wednesday is the deadline for changes, was this specific case a stat change that was made by the NFL after 12pm Wednesday OR was it information that was available and updated prior to the cutoff and merely a "dropped ball" in terms of making the change by STATS?
"We see you've been missing a lot of work lately".

"I wouldnt say I've been missing it Bob". ---OFFICE SPACE

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:52 am

It's in the rules john.

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:17 am

Bryant Johnson was also changed from 3/37 to 4/40 which is not reflected in NFFC stats. I don't know the timing of the official change

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:21 am

I think superion has a point (literally)...If STATS added a point to the scoring of the Packers D, then each team should have also been credited with a point who had the Packers D in their starting lineup on Sunday.

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:23 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
All NFFC scoring is subject to changes after games are played, but all NFFC scoring is finalized by noon EST each Wednesday for that week's games. That rule is terrible for accurate scoring, as many stat changes occur between Wednesday and Friday and it sometimes takes awhile for people to notice, get published, etc.

As noted above, that wasn't the only change either:

Chad Pennington: from 290 to 291 passing yards.
Jerricho Cotchery: from 106 to 107 receiving yards.
Kelly Holcomb: from 1 to 0 rush attempts.
Kelly Holcomb: from 4 to 5 sacks against.
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila: from 2 to 3 sacks.
Larry Fitzgerald: from 11 for 123 to 10 for 120 receiving.
Bryant Johnson: from 3 for 37 to 4 for 40 receiving.

Getting one additional point can possibly make a difference in NFFC scoring, and yes, I have the Packers Defense, and yes, I KNOW that I DO deserve another point because my defense made a sack on the play involved. It is only fair. What is not fair is for one of the two most prestigious fantasy events to freeze scoring less than 48 hours after the Monday game - that is not wise at all.

My question is why did the NFFC not correctly finalize scoring by Wednesday at noon, then?

Do the rules say that we need to notify management of stat changes?

Is it not the responsibility of the NFFC management to ensure a fair and level playing field? The only way to win this event is by scoring points, and the only way to get points is based on what happens on the field. Yet when a Monday game ends at 12 midnight eastern, Elias would have only 36 hours in which to review all games, and publish changes. Then the onus is on us, as fantasy owners, to notice said changes and then request a stat change? Why should we have to do the work? We are players, not commissioners.

That is ridiculous and it really should be the responsibility of the event commissioners (NFFC and WCOFF) to automatically adjust scoring once any changes have been made by Elias. Yes, there should be a stat change deadline, but it should be after Elias published changes, not before it. Otherwise, just say that all stats are final and be done with it, if you have a Wednesday 12 noon Eastern deadline.

[ October 06, 2007, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Leroy's Aces ]
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:39 am

Some good points raised here by Leroy. I understand the need to have a fixed deadline on stat changes -- you certainly don't want to get into the next week's game, particularly in the Championship Round. However, if Elias stat changes are usually made on Wednesday or Thursday, we would almost certainly need to move our deadline back a day or so.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:48 am

I'm not sure what year the rule was implemented, but your goal should be changing it for NEXT year. The rules are already written for this year.

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:05 am

Is it our responsibility to notify NFFC of a potential stat change? Again, I do not see that stated one way or the other (I may have missed it) in the rules. Then, if the stat change was announced, NFFC would have the responsibility to make the changes in a timely fashion.

Because at WCOFF, the owner is supposed to notify them of a stat change, which I also think is a poor idea. Why should we, as fantasy players, have to do the legwork of the commissioner? In my opinion, any stats changes should be automatically processed as they are made, so long as it is by a certain time and date, like maybe Friday at noon. I guess it depends on how long Elias takes to make stat changes and also whether it is our responsibility to notify the NFFC or WCOFF.
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ