Weekly OPEN Sports Pool

BubbasHouse

Weekly OPEN Sports Pool

Post by BubbasHouse » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:54 pm

Greg/Tom/Scott -

At the NBC draft we were asked to complete an entry for a "Pick Against The Spread" challenge. I thought there were weekly winners as well as overall season. I've been unable to find anything on this on these message boards, and the OPEN sports site has the standings but not much else about the event.

I'm very interested in response - as I happen to have had a lucky week and am in first place with 12 wins. Please advise what we're playing for wwekly and for season.

- Bubba

slam

Weekly OPEN Sports Pool

Post by slam » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:44 pm

Did not get this? Did the phone drafters get left out?

I did get an email yesterday to enter into the Pick em pool starting week 2. But after registering for the site, it gives an error when trying to sign up for the pool.

UG!
Author, Fantasy Football Guidebook: Your Comprehensive Guide to Playing Fantasy Football and Fantasy Football Tips: 201 Ways to Win through Player Rankings, Cheat Sheets and Better Drafting (Available at www.fantasyfootballguidebook.com )

Sound Advice

Weekly OPEN Sports Pool

Post by Sound Advice » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:33 am

Same here.
Never heard a word about it till yesterday when I got the email.
Went to sign up and it doesn't let you like the email stated.
That's good for the few folks that got it.
They might win since they don't have any competition.
What a huge waste of time.

Hard heads

Weekly OPEN Sports Pool

Post by Hard heads » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:16 am

I got the e-mail, but when logging in I couldn't access standings from week 1 and have yet to make picks for week 2, but don't know if I am making them for the right contest or not.

JB

Weekly OPEN Sports Pool

Post by JB » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:37 pm

I thought the weekly winner got $100...or was it $50? Pretty sure it was one of those 2 but I could be wrong...

Greg Ambrosius

Weekly OPEN Sports Pool

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:53 pm

Originally posted by JB:
I thought the weekly winner got $100...or was it $50? Pretty sure it was one of those 2 but I could be wrong... Yes, weekly prize is $100 and seasonal prize is $1,000.

We had a snafu in Las Vegas in getting OPENSports.com the entries to enter. I believe they were finally entered on Friday of this week, thus there were problems getting everyone their log-ins and passwords for Week 2. I'll check with them again tomorrow to see if we can have smoother systems starting in Week 3.

This is an NFFC-only contest and all NFFC and NBC Sports participants are eligible to compete. The facilitators in Orlando and Chicago were told to hand out these sheets and if that didn't happen I will not be very happy with them. But I promise to get you folks set up with OPENSports.com starting next week and still get you involved for the last 15 weekly prizes. Sorry for the confusion as this was a contest that was thrown together late in the planning stages, but going forward we want EVERYONE to participate in this free contest and have a shot at the weekly prizes. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Weekly OPEN Sports Pool

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:49 am

Just follow these steps and you'll be in the NFFC competition for the cash, picking each week against the point spread. They take your best 16 scores through 17 weeks, so if you missed Week 1 don't fear and just jump in now:

<http://links.mkt230.com/ctt?kn=3&m=2326 ... &mt=1&rt=0>

You will be ready to go in three easy steps:
1. Sign up at OPENSports.com
2. Choose a Team Name and click on "Already invited to a league" and join the "NFFC Challenge"
3. Enter League Password: NFFC

Then be sure to make your picks before the games start on Sunday.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BubbasHouse

Weekly OPEN Sports Pool

Post by BubbasHouse » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:47 am

Greg -

Thank you for the explaination.

You may want to consider - like you do for the weekly winners on the NFFC/NBC boards - to post a running list of each weekly winner and the yearly leader(s) week-over-week.

Not sure the best place to put this on the boards - but it would show that tracking is being managed between OPEN and NFFC sites. Sets up for your year-over-year improvements in the NFFC. These extra little additives create additional enjoyment and continue to differentiate the NFFC from others in the business.

- Bubba